Tommy Shelby - Childhood Crush

*REQUESTED by @_xmirabellax_x *

"Dad please let me stay home,I don't want to go to school" you begged for the hundredth time but your dad wasn't listening.

"No Y/N, you need to go to school. If people carry on saying stuff to you then just ignore them. Words only hurt if you let them" you huffed and stormed out the front door,making sure you slammed it as hard as you could.

It was hard being a 13 year old teenager,it was especially hard when you looked different from everyone else. You were a bit fuller than most girls. You didn't have long,wavy blonde hair,your stomach wasn't completely flat - in fact it was the opposite and because of that you got teased and bullied on a daily,especially by the one and only Thomas Shelby.

The Shelby brothers were the most popular boys in the school, everyone was scared of them. So they must have something better to do than bully you, you often thought.

"No wonder the ground is shaking, Y/N'S coming" you heard the familiar voice shout behind you. You turned around to see Tommy and his friends laughing.

"Fuck You, Shelby" you sneered and rolled your eyes,turning away before you saw Arthur slap his brother around the head. John and Arthur were never mean to you, they always stuck up for you and apologised for their brothers behaviour, insisting that he was only treating you this way because he liked you. That always earned a laugh from you.

You did your best to keep your head down and get through the school day, a sigh of relief escaping your mouth when the bell went for the end of the day. You grabbed your stuff and rushed out of the school, desperate to get home.

"Hey dad, I'm home" you called as you walked through the door. Your eyes immediately landed on your bags all packed and waiting by the door. Your dad came into view and saw the confusion written on your face.

"Your mother is ill, darling. She has asked if you could stay with her and Alfie for a while, so she can see you and spend time with you" an apologetic smile was rested on his lips. He knew that you wouldn't want to go but he also knew that you wouldn't argue. You ran over to him and gave him a big hug, letting a tear slip down your cheek.

"I'm going to miss you, dad" you mumbled. You felt a hand stroke your hair and the faint touch of his lips on your head.

After you had said your goodbyes and gotten changed out of your uniform, you grabbed your bags and headed down the street. You were ready to start your new life in London.

"Hey Y/N, wait up! Where are you going? Why have you got all those bags?" A pair of feet, pounded down the street and came to a halt next to you. Sighing, you carried on, ignoring the presence that was following you. After five minutes of being followed you had gotten tired and stopped abruptly.

"What do you want, Thomas?" Your eyes cast over the dark haired, blue eyed boy. How could he be this attractive but such an arsehole?

"Why have you got all those bags? Where are you goin'?" He asked frantically.

"To live with my mum in London. Why do you care?"

"I..is it because of me?" He stuttered

"Not everything is about you, Thomas, you should be happy. At least now you won't have to worry about the ground shaking!" you rolled your eyes and carried on down the street towards the train station. This time Tommy didn't follow you. Instead, he stood defeated on the pavement watching as you walked away.

"Please don't go, I think I love  you" he muttered to himself, turning away to head back to his brothers.

Time skip brought to you by John falling on his face while trying to impress a girl that he likes.

15 long years had passed. You did your best to help out your mother and Alfie but when Alfie was away at war for four years, your Mother had gotten worse and She sadly passed away a week before Alfie was due to return home. After she had passed, you stayed with Alfie for two years and tried to help him get back on track. His mind was a mess and he missed your mother dearly but once he was sorted,you knew it was time to return home.

"Bye, Alfie, I promise that I will visit soon. Stay safe" you kissed Alfie's cheek goodbye as he dropped you off in small heath.

"See ya later kiddo, behave. I love you" he shouted before he drove off .

You took a deep breath and breathed in the smell of dusty old Birmingham, before heading to the Garrison. The same bar that you used to hang around at when you were a kid.

The doors flung open and stumbling out was a drunk John Shelby.

"Y/N? Is that you? Wow you look good, I've got to get home to my kids anyway. Good seeing you"

Kids? John had kids? You weren't surprised, you knew what he was like with the girls. You smiled lightly and headed into the crowded bar, your eyes scanned the place and landed on a man who was stood on a table, swing a whiskey bottle around. His eyes landed on you and he immediately jumped down, staggering over you.

"Name's Arthur. Arthur Shelby" he held out his hand to you but you refused to take it.

"Wow, Arthur, you haven't changed one bit" you giggled when you saw a flash of realisation pass his eyes.

"Y/N Harriet? No way! I didn't recognise ya!" You weren't surprised. When you were in London, you had lost all of your weight, you dyed your hair and started to wear makeup. It was a big change.

"Go get yourself a drink, on the house. I own this place now" a proud smirk etched his face as you smiled and nodded at him, proceeding to walk past the gaggle of men.

In the back of the bar sat a man who watched your every move. He knew who you were straight away. No amount of modifications could change you in his eyes. You were beautiful then and even more beautiful now. But he refused to go over to you in case you left him standing alone, just like you did all of those years ago. So for now, he would sit and watch for afar. Longing for his childhood crush.