Six

Alec King

After finishing at the club, and discussing the matter related to our mate, my brothers and I head back to our house.

The thought of killing our mate is driving my wolf mad. He has been howling, screaming, and clawing at the inside of my head ever since we decided to do away with him, so I simply blocked him out. He doesn't understand that we are doing this for our own safety, that the safety of me and my brothers is more important than having a mate we have no use for. He wouldn't even be useful for mind-blowing mate sex considering he's a guy and we're all straight. He could be used to calm us down when we get out of control, but why? We rule with fear. There's no need to calm us down when we can just use our outbursts to increase the fear that others hold for us.

We all pull up to our mansion and park our cars in front of the front door. I head inside ahead of my brothers ready for bed considering how late it is, but the moment I set foot inside our home, I freeze.

"Hey, what the hell man!" Jace says after crashing into me. "Why'd yo-," he starts to say before he suddenly stiffens.

"Why are you guys just standing her-" Luca says, before he also abruptly stops, realizing what made me and Jace halt. "Mate..." he whispers, as I turn to face them.

Both of their eyes are swirling with black as they inhale the faint scent of our mate, no doubt mine are doing the same. I can see Jace's face start to twist in anger, recalling the threat his existence poses to us.

Luca's expression also shows his anger, but also shows a hint of sadness. I know that Luca desires to let him live, but the fear of things returning to how they were with the council overrides his desire.

"Looks like someone's eager to die," I say as I turn around to follow the scent.

"Why is he even here?" Jace asks, following me.

"Let's go find out," I reply, heading up the main staircase.

Luca and Jace are right behind me as I follow the scent up to the third floor. The scent gets stronger as I approach my office, I can hear a rapid heartbeat coming from within. My wolf is fighting to break free, fueled by the intensifying scent as we get closer to him, while my cock twitches and hardens as I inhale the enticing vanilla lavender scent. Noticing the door is opened a crack, I signal my brothers to retreat.

"Let's wait him out," I say when we're out of his hearing range. "I want to see why he was stupid enough to break into our home before we kill him. I also have a feeling that this isn't the first time he's broken into someone's house considering he made it all the way to our office without alerting someone. "

"We sure have a dumbass for a mate. He just waltzed in here to his death," Jace scoffed.

"Clearly he's smarter then you realize seeing as he was able to bypass our security system," Luca countered, the bond making him angry that someone is insulting our mate. We need to get rid of him before it gets to the point where we can't bring ourselves to do it.

"Well, it doesn't matter since he was using his brain to do a stupid thing, they cancel each other out. Add in the fact that he broke into our place of all places, leads to the conclusion that he is a dumbass," Jace replies, glaring at Luca. His anger seems to be fueling his hatred for our mate at the moment.

"Will you two shut up!" I snap at them, "I don't need your senseless arguing to distract me. Now shut your mouths and listen for any movements he makes in the office."

After silently listening to our mate's heartbeat for about half an hour, we hear him open the door further. I can hear the light sound of his footsteps as he makes his way towards us.