Peter can sing #2 (Must have been the wind)

A/N: song: Must have been the wind, by Alec Benjamin
Peter is sixteen, had been adopted for two years.
Trigger Warning ⚠️: physical assault mentioned. If this is a tough subject for you I suggest not reading.
Enjoy :))
_______________

Peter was alone in the pent house. Everyone was gone doing there own thing. Bruce was in his lab, Tony was being dragged to a meeting with Pepper, Natasha, Thor and Steve were training, and Clint was scaring new interns by hiding in the vent.

Peter, however, was having a rough week. It was the week May had died two years ago. It was the week a certain social worker, had taken advantage of him.

Peter sat down on a chair. His thoughts were moving to fast, he couldn't keep up. He just kept seeing the woman face. Hearing what she said, and while he was mourning to. What she made him do to her. She said it was a game. To help him. He was fourteen. He had taken health. He knew what was happening, but he couldn't get out.

Peter picked up his guitar. He had brought it with him when Tony adopted him, but no one ever saw him use it.

Peter slowly strummed a few chords.

Then he started singing. It calmed him down. It helped quiet his mind.

"I heard glass shatter on the wall in the apartment above mine."

Peter was shaking. He hadn't sang in a while.

"At first I thought that I was dreaming."

Thoughts, memories, rushed through Peters head.

"But then I heard the voice of a girl and it sounded like she'd been crying.
Now I'm too worried to be sleeping"

"So I took the elevator to the second floor. Walked down the hall and then I knocked upon her door."

"She opened up, and I asked about the things I've been hearing.
She said, I think your ears are playing tricks on you, sweater zipped up to her chin."

"Thanks for caring sir that's nice of you but I have to go back in.
Wish I could tell you bout the noise but I
didn't, hear a thing. She said it must have been the wind, must have been the wind, must have been the wind must have been the wind."

Peter trembled at the thoughts he had. Being pushed against the wall, having to do things he didn't want to do. Having to see things he didn't want to see.

"So I was layin' on the floor of my room
Cold concrete on my back"

He hadn't told anyone. What would they think of him?

"No, I just couldn't shake the feeling
I didn't want to intrude 'cause I knew that I didn't have all the facts
But I couldn't bear the thought of leavin' her
So I took the elevator to the second floor
Walked down the hall and then I knocked upon her door"

He hadn't been questioned, because the pain of his aunts death covered up the pain the social worker had brought on.

"She opened up and I asked about the things I've been hearing
She said, "I think your ears are playing tricks on you"
Sweater zipped up to her chin"

"Thanks for caring, sir, that's nice of you
But I have to go back in
Wish I could tell you about the noise
But I didn't hear a thing"

He couldn't tell anyone. They would hate him.

"She said, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind"
She said, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind""

So, Peter would always just say, it must have been the wind.

"Aim my boombox at the roof, I'm playing "Lean on Me"
Just so that she knows that she can lean on me
And when she hears the words, I hope she knows she'll be okay"

When Peter yelled in his sleep and Tony came to check in, he just said, it must have been the wind.

"Aim my boombox at the roof, I'm playing "Lean on Me"
Just so that she knows that she can lean on me
And when she hears the words, I know exactly what I'll say"

Peter couldn't hold it in anymore. So he sang. He belted it out with more emotion than anyone could handle.

"Promise I'm not playing tricks on you
You're always welcome to come in
You could stay here for an hour or two
If you ever need a friend
We can talk about the noise, when you're ready, but 'til then
I'll say, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind"
I'll say, "It must have been the wind, must have been the wind
Must have been the wind, it must have been the wind""

Peter set the guitar down and curled up into a ball. This is when everyone came back.
They hadn't heard him sing. At least most of them hadn't. Peter snapped out of his ball.

"You okay Peter?" Tony asked concerned.

Peter forced out a nod, " Uh, yeah just tired."

Tony nodded. The rest of the avengers disburse.

But Clint wasn't there. He had been in the vent when he heard something. Someone singing. As he got closer he realized it was Peter. He kept listening. As Peter belt out the lyrics, Clint realized what had happened to Peter. And his heart broke.

Clint knew what Peter had gone through. Clint had gone through what Peter had gone through.

He could hear in Peters voice, that he wasn't okay. It broke Clint's heart to hear Peter lie through his teeth, to pretend he was okay.

Because Clint knew Peter wasn't okay.

He wanted to talk to Peter.
But until Peter was ready, He would just say, It must have been the wind.

A/N: Part two???