Wake Up Call

When I opened my eyes, it took me a moment to realize what was in front of me.

A boy, dark hair and slightly dark tan skin, with a white button down shirt covering his shoulders.

I nearly squeaked in surprise at seeing him laying so close, but managed to cover my mouth before I let the sound slip from my lips.

The boy had a bandage over his face, and an agitated look even in his sleep. This brought me to the conclusion that this was probably the wolf I'd saved yesterday.

Looks like he'd gotten better enough to shift back to his human form. That was good.

Quietly, I slipped out of bed, puzzled at why he had come up here to sleep. But then I remembered where he'd originally been sleeping. The fire in the fire place downstairs must have gone out.

Grabbing some clothes from my closet, I left my room, heading across the hall to the bathroom and changed in there.

A tank top and a cardigan covered my top and I slipped a pair of palazzo pants over my legs. Lastly, I pulled on some socks to keep my feet from getting cold as I went down stairs to make breakfast.

The buck was the only meat I had at the moment, but I didn't feel like going to town to get any bacon, so I settled with what I had.

Meat patties and eggs from my last trip to town. Looking in my fridge made me cringe.

I'd have to trade for some groceries. While I had enough pelts and jewelry I'd made from bones and dye, I just didn't like going to town.

Heavy steps came from the stairs as I finished setting the table and I put a mug next to the boy's dish. It had herbal tea, something that might help him relax and be a little more comfortable.

When I was just sitting down to eat, he came into view and I saw him immediately throw a glare at the fireplace which was still empty of flames.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked as he walked over and examined breakfast.

Again, he ignored me and sat down to eat. We ate in silence, but his table manners were much better this time.

Now that I think about it, I guess the reason behind his sloppiness could be due to him being cold and weak, thus making his vision dizzy.

When I'd finished, I got up to wash my plate and utensils in the sink. The male continued eating until he'd also finished his meal, but he frowned at the mug.
"What is this?" He asked, his nose twitching at the smell.

I smiled, happy that he wanted to talk.

"Herbal tea, if you drink it at night it helps you fall asleep, but drinking it in the morning helps you to-"

"I don't drink tea." He interrupted me and got up.

I blinked, a bit startled at his blunt sentence as he walked away from the table.

"Oh, that's alright." I picked up the mug and his plate and set his plate in the sink before coming back to wipe off the table. I normally didn't bother, but it kept me having something to do. Once I was done, I simply started sipping the tea myself, no use in having it go to waste.

"Where am I?" He asked looking around my living room.

"My cabin."

I knew what he meant. He meant what pack land was he in, and my sarcasm probably was a little harsh. But it couldn't hurt to play a little hard to get.

The boy turned to frown at me and I frowned back at him, mimicking his expression. Exaggerating it, just slightly.

"You're face is going to get stuck like that if you keep making that face." I told him taking another sip of my tea and then setting it down on the counter near the couch.

It was a surprise when he snatched me by my collar, pulling me up to his eye level.

"Where. Am. I?" He asked slowly, I tried to calmly pry his hand off my tanktop before he ended up ripping it, but his grip was strong, looks like he'd healed fairly quickly.

"Timber pack lands." I answered shortly and he let me go.

"D***." He hissed turning away, but I simply checked my shirt for rips. None to be found, though he had stretched it a bit, I simply smoothed it out.

"Where are you from?" I asked looking back over at him, but he was already heading for the door.

"I wouldn-" Too late.

Cold wind rushed through the door along with snow, and the tall brunette was quick to shut the door again.

"Yeah it gets really windy in the mornings, it usually warms up later in the day." I told him as he turned back to me and I had to purse my lips and look away to contain a giggle.

His once dark eyebrows were now white with frost and his shirt was damp from the snow that had hit it.

"You don't say." He grumbled before turning to the fire place.

"I'll go get some wood." I said quickly, heading for the front door.

I can't tell you how, but when I grabbed the handle to open the door, his hand was instantly covering mine. Keeping me from doing that very action. I jumped, startled at how fast he'd moved towards me without me even sensing him coming.

"You're going out like that?" He asked and I looked down at myself.

"Ah right, shoes." I pulled my hand out of his and ducked under his arm to reach my boots.

"You're not going to put on a coat?" He asked as I pulled them on.

"I'm a Timber Wolf, I'm used to the cold." That was actually a partial truth.

Yes I'm a timber werewolf, but if not in my wolf form, I could end up freezing just like any human in this weather. But I was faster then any human and could bring the wood in quickly. Also, I was too lazy to grab my coat out of the dryer.

I collected a good amount from my shed behind my house and brought it inside. I had to brush several pieces of bark off my shirt, but I got the job done, and soon enough a fire was going again. I cleaned up the dirty blankets from yesterday as the brunette got comfortable in front of the fire and I put them in the washer.

After putting in the soap, I realized I was almost out of that as well.

"Better put a list together." I hummed and pulled my coat out of the dryer, still warm.

When I got back out to the living room, I headed to my closet to hang my coat. But before I did, I stole a glance at the male next to my fireplace.

He was fairly tall, but he wasn't wearing a coat or anything very proper for this climate. Which meant he wasn't supposed to have travel up this far north. Unless he wasn't planning on staying long.

"What?"

I blinked out of my thoughts to see him frowning at me, he'd caught me staring.

"Um! Have you warmed up?" I asked, turning around to hang up my coat.

I didn't want to pry, it wasn't any of my business why he was here, I was just trying to help.

"It's freezing outside, how do you wolves live like this? There isn't even a village near by is there?" He asked with a small growl, mostly likely of frustration.

"Well there is a village, but it's a few miles away."

"Miles? What are you a hermit?" He asked and I looked over at him after closing my closet.

"I suppose so." I shrugged. I mean, I lived by myself out here. "But I do go and visit the town for supplies, you can come with me if you like, but I won't be leaving for a while."

He huffed as a response, either way, I peeked in my closet for a spare coat.