Name Game

"Alright, bacon, eggs, soap, and I'm starting to run a bit low on fruits too." I murmured, putting together a list.

I wrote on a piece of paper bent over my dinner table with my tongue stuck out in thought. Did I need anything else?

Glancing to the side, I saw the male wolf standing next to me with a curious frown and his arms folded.

"What are you doing?" He asked, and I furrowed my brows at him while putting my pencil on my lip.

"What does it look like?"

"It's looks like you're a kid doodling on a paper while laying on the table." He said bluntly.

"Actually, I'm putting together a list of things I need from town like a responsible adult, thank you very much." I told him before picking up the paper and checking my fridge.

"Oh right, milk." I added that to the list a long with a few other things while he simply stood there watching me.

"Can we go now?" He asked when I'd finished my list.

"No, I don't want to drench my pants, I'll just be a minute." I said, setting the list down on the counter before running upstairs to change.

I grabbed some jeans and switched my clothes before coming back downstairs and shoving on a sweater. Then I tied my hair up. I didn't feel like doing it today, which was rather strange. I felt a bit more, I don't know, perky? Either way, I liked it, I felt more relaxed somehow.

"Alright, let's go." I told him while heading over to my closet and pulling out my coat and an extra.

"Why do you have men's coats?" He asked when I handed him the extra.

"Because they're big and comfortable." I lied, I mean, they were comfortable, but I mostly wore them to keep too many people from noticing 'the Omega' label that seemed to be tattooed to my forehead. I pulled on a beanie also and offered one to the male, but he shook his head, I shrugged and pocketed it, he'd want it later.

After pulling on my gloves and pocketing my list and pencil, we headed out.

The sun had come out now and it was much warmer. But the wind was still a bit lively and after only a few minutes, the brunette swiped the beanie out of my pocket to put it on.

"So, what's your name?" I asked looking over at him.

"Why do you want to know?" He asked with a frown.

"Well, because I'd rather not have to call you frost brows." I told him while raising my own for emphasis of the incident this morning.

A growl ripped from his throat, it sent a shiver down my spine and I couldn't stop the shaking that ran over my body.

"Kale." He grumbled after a minute of silence. A small smile tugged at my lips, but I tried not to be too excited.

"I'm Aubrey." I held out a hand to him, he looked at it and then simply rolled his eyes.

"Ok then." I murmured, putting my hands in my pockets.

Kale diligently kept his hands in his pockets to keep them from freezing and I felt a bit bad about not having any extra pair of gloves. Perhaps I'd buy some while in town.

"So how far is this village?" He asked with a shiver, obviously taking a particular disliking for the cold that seemed to get worse the farther we went.

Which wasn't entirely mental, we were headed farther north towards the village, so it did get a bit colder.

"Not too far, about 10 or 20 minutes at most." I assured him, he sighed but stayed close so he didn't accidentally fall into any trenches on our journey.

When we reached town, I looked over at him.

"So, I'm gonna get the milk, eggs, and bacon first. What do you need to do?" I asked as he looked around.

"This is the village? It's, so small." He frowned.

I looked around, the market place wasn't terribly small, but it wasn't a very big market either. The town beyond it was only bigger by a few hundred acres.

"I suppose it is." I nodded. "Do you need help finding anything?" He shook his head.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to see the village, there's nothing here of use to me." He said while shaking his head. I shrugged before heading over to a stall.

"Welcome welcome, can I get you anything?" The man asked as he looked over at us.

"Eggs and milk." I told him while setting down a few pelts.

The man examined them before nodding.

"How many gallons?"

"Three or four."

"I'll give you three and two cartons."
I nodded, it was a fair trade.

The man handed me the supplies and I took the milk and held the eggs out to Kale.

"What?"

"Can you carry these? I can't hold all of this by myself."

"You should've brought something to carry them in."

"Hey, you were the one who wanted to get here fast." I countered. Kale frowned at me, but I didn't budge. He huffed while taking the eggs and I smiled.

"Thank you."

He didn't respond as we headed to another stall.

I ended up trading a bit more than usual for bacon, but I simply shrugged it off. Until we came to the soap and they told me that I needed more for dish soap than for the laundry soap.

"Hang on, that doesn't seem like a fair price." Kale interrupted, making me jump.

I hadn't realized he was even paying attention.

"You got a problem you can go to another stall." The person told him while folding their arms.

Problem was, this was the cheapest soap stall and the others only dealt with coinage, in which I had none.

"It's fine Kale, it's just a few more pelts." I murmured, but he let out a growl.

"If you don't make a fair bargain, I can make an even more unfair break in your sells!"

The shop keeper stiffened when people started looking our way.

I shrunk in my coat, Kale was making this a bigger problem than it was. But surprisingly, the keeper broke.

"Alright, four pelts and two of those necklaces." He bartered and I blinked in surprise, it was probably the best deal I'd had here.

"Deal." I said quickly before Kale started off again.