Scared

I held an ice pack to my head, wincing as the two siblings argued, or rather, as the Alpha got yelled at.

"You know she wouldn't just leave! Not without at least saying goodbye!"

"You heard those wolves, they saw her leave." He told her before looking at me concerned. I didn't really believe the other wolves either. But my head was pounding, and I couldn't honestly remember how last night went. Still, something felt off.

"Why are you being so stubborn? Even if she did leave, you should go after her!" Alexa yelled at him and I got up, I'd had all the yelling I could take.

"I'ma take a walk." I muttered, dropping the ice pack on the Alpha's desk before leaving the room.

I walked down the hallway towards the front door, I needed to find out what actually happened. But as I reached for the handle, the door swung open, someone bolting right into me. I let out an 'Oof!' As the both of us fell over, but I barely got time to sit up before the black little blur was off of me and running up the stairs.

"Oh no you don't." I frowned and ran up the stairs after them grabbing them by the hood of their coat.

The kid squealed making me shut my eyes in pain, but I didn't let go as Alexa and Kale came out to see what was happening.

"Stop wiggling Kid, what's the matter with you?" I asked, setting him down and pinning his arms to his sides so he couldn't move, even though he tried to break away from me.

Though once I saw the scarf around his neck I paused.

Kale and Alexa were frowning too as the Alpha knelt in front of the little boy and grabbed the scarf. The kid was stiff in my hands as Kale frowned at the kid.

"Where. Did you get this?" He asked and I rose a deadpanned brow at Kale.

"You really think scaring him is gonna get him to answer you? He's more likely to pee himself." I told him when the kid struggled out of my arms.

"Nice Lady helped me, she's hurt!" The kid told Kale, pointing back towards the front door. "Hurry, she needs help!" He said running in place before running down the stairs and beckoning us to follow him.

Kale started down the stairs and I started after him when Alexa grabbed my shoulder.

"You stay here, you're not in any condition to go with us." She told me and I frowned.

"But that kid has a speed talent, Kale could loose him fast." I told her and she nodded.

"Kale, take some wolves with you, I'll hold down the fort while you're gone." She called to him, though I don't know if he was listening as he followed the kid out the door.

Alexa sighed and I plugged my ears before she barked for a few other wolves to follow after him so he didn't get himself lost or ambushed or something.

We didn't know where this kid had come from. All we knew was that he had Aubrey's scarf and was saying she needed help. I just hoped she'd only gotten herself a bit banged up and wasn't in any real danger. Of course, I also had the feeling that wasn't the case.