Help or Trouble?

"What were you thinking?! You don't just run off like that!" The dark haired girl growled, slamming a hand on the counter.

We were currently in the kitchen, back at the house. Alexa had been almost silent on the way back, and I felt even worse when she started to scold me.

"I-I'm sorry, I though if I went to see their houses personally, I could help better." I told her, but my shoulders slumped. I felt like a little girl being scolded for getting into the neighbor's fruit trees.

"And you didn't tell anyone where you were going? That is very reckless, you could have been kidnapped." I frowned a little.

"Kidnapped? But, why would anyone kidnap me?" I asked, Alexa was dumbfounded.

"Why wouldn't anyone kidnap you!? Everyone thinks you're the Luna! Or soon to be Luna! We're still clearing that miscommunication up!"

I flinched as she raised her voice, already having somewhat of a head ache from the other wolves who'd been bickering. Why was everyone always so loud?

"I'm sorry, I'll try to tell someone next time." I told her softly.

"If there even is a next time." She frowned at me. I tensed.

"Alexa please don't say that. I helped, Yes I know I must have really worried you but the wolves stopped bickering. They've got a good plan now and they won't be fighting each other anymore, at least not until the Alpha can get to their case." I frowned softly at the ground. "I understand you're angry with me but please, I helped, and I can still help. Even if it's just little things, I want to help."

The woman's expression softened a little as she looked at me before sighing.

"Fine, but the next time you're leaving, I don't care if you have to search the house, you tell someone if your leaving and where you are going." I nodded quickly and she sighed. "Alright, go upstairs or, something, I'm gonna finish my last errands before asking the staff to make lunch."

I hesitated, she was busy, as was Kale. I mean, he was the Alpha, but, how did they ever have time to be siblings? Did they ever hang out? I nodded somewhat distractedly and headed out of the kitchen.

If I could help enough, perhaps I could help them free up time, then they could also spend time together. But what if I only made things worse?

I bit my lip remembering the girl from earlier.

"these kinds of issues never end with everyone being happy."

I shook my head quickly. I'd made both parties happy, even if it was only temporarily, I'd made a difference at least, hadn't I?

A sigh left my lips as I headed down the hall rubbing my arm softly when I bumped into someone.

"Oh sor-" I started to apologize when the person turned to me fully pushing me against the hall. They weren't rough, it was more gentle, but not a nudge either.
I blinked up at Kale as he frowned at me.

"Have a nice trip?" He asked and I pursued my lips together.

"Not you too. I said I was sorry." I told him before looking away. "Everyone always seems so busy, I just didn't want to bother anyone." I murmured quietly.

The brunette stared at me for a minute before turning my face to look at him again. "You're not bothering us, you're telling us where you're going. If you were bugging us, we'd tell you." He said firmly, still frowning at me.

I shrunk against the wall making the Alpha sigh.

"I'm not going to yell at you Aubrey, I can tell you've already gotten an earful from Alexa, but she's just worried about you, as am I."

I swallowed softly, guilt building in the pit of my stomach. "I was just trying to help." I told him softly.

"And I'm glad that you want to help, but you really don't need to." He shook his head.

I frowned at that, straightening my back.

"Well that's stupid."

Kale blinked at me surprised, also straightening somewhat.

"Just because I'm a guest doesn't mean I should just sit around and do nothing. You and your sister try so hard, doing all that you can for this Pack. Yes you two do a great job, but there are a lot of wolves in this pack and if I can help you take care of them in any way than I am going to do so. Even if there are those who think it's none of my business. Why does the pack have to be my business? I'm only trying to help others and if I can do that than that's all I'm trying to do." I told him stubbornly.

He stared at me as I turned and headed to my room.

"I'll be in here if you need me." I said simply and walked in, shutting the door behind me.

After that however, I sort of, fell apart.
"What was I thinking? Talking to an Alpha like that! Yes I want to help, but he doesn't even know what I'm talking about. I don't even know what I'm talking about, I made no sense!" I hissed to myself as I ran a hand through my hair, careful of my braid..

I walked over to my window, leaning on the sill and dropping my head against the glass lightly.

Outside, the sun was still shining, and I could see a few houses lined up near the Alpha's house.

I sighed, looking out at the street. Who was I kidding? Helping an entire pack, I could barely help myself back home, what made me think I could do anything helpful here?