Secrets Untold

I yelped as it started to rain. At first, it had been only a gentle drizzle, but after only a minute more, we were becoming drenched very quickly.

Kale pushed me under a small outcropping that could fit the both of us before we shook ourselves off and shifted back.

This didn't fix it all seeing as we were still drenched, but a laughed bubbled from my lips regardless.

"Glad to see you're enjoying yourself." Kale huffed, pushing his hair out of his face.

I covered my mouth sheepishly.
"Sorry, it just reminds me of when we were stuck in the tree." I said looking out at the rain.

The brunette looked out at the forest with me and then looked back at me.
"Getting stuck somewhere because of the weather?" He asked raising a brow and I smiled at him.

"Yeah, it's becoming a habit I'd say."
Kale stared at me as I simply blinked at him.

"What?" I asked raising a brow when he lifted his hand and brushed my damp hair behind my ear.

"You're...cute, when you smile like that."
Blush covered my cheeks at that as he came closer to me. He shut his eyes, but kissed my cheek instead.

I stared at the ground, my face hot as he pulled away and smirked a little.

"What?" He asked, more in a teasing manner as I blinked at him.

"Hey! Don't tease me!" I pouted and he laughed.

The sound startled me some, I'd never heard him outright laugh like that. My heart leaped and I felt a smile tug at my lips.

"Careful Aubrey, you're gonna smile." He said poking my cheek. I took a deep breath and decided to ignore his teasing.

"You have a nice laugh Kale." I told him making him frown a little, but I offered him a little smile. "I wish I could hear it more often."

He stared at me with that same look as before.

"Maybe." He murmured looking away.

"Hey."

He hummed looking back at me and I felt my blush come back.

"What was the kiss for? A-And calling me cute?" I asked, wrapping my arms around my knees. He kneeled in front of me, leaning on one arm as he tilted his head at me lightly, and a bit playfully.

"What do you think?"

My eyes darted anywhere but his face.

"I-I don't know, you're acting...relaxed, I'm not used to it." I shrugged and he hummed before looking out at the forest again.

"Guess I'm more relaxed in the rain." He murmured and I rose a brow at that.
So he liked being drenched?

"Isn't snow and rain not that different?" I asked with a slight smirk and he frowned at me, making me laugh.

"Snow is freezing cold."

"Yeah but both of them can get you sick." I pointed out and let another giggle slip when he looked at me skeptically.

"You're so childish." He sighed

"You should be more childish."

"You don't like when I'm more childish." He frowned but I shook my head.

"Mm mm, I said I'm not used to it, that doesn't mean I don't like it." The brunette blinked at me shocked.

"You, like it?" He asked still surprised, even when I nodded with a smile.

That's when a smile twitched at his lips, but now he let it grow.

I hugged my knees a bit tighter, leaning closer as did he, our noses brushing lightly.

"Alpha!"

We both jumped and looked out into the rain, which had lightened some, to see a few wolves running our way, at the head of them was a blonde haired girl with deep blue eyes.

"Alpha, you're back!" She smiled before looking at me curiously. But I just stared at Kale as he frowned at the girl.

"Benji, I told you to stop calling me that, I have a name, use it." He told her and I felt my gaze go to the floor. I'd almost kissed an Alpha. Why hadn't he told me?

"Sorry about that, a scout spotted you entering the pack, so we thought we'd welcome you back. Come on! Let's get you guys back to the house." She waved for us to follow as she headed back towards the group.

Kale looked back at me as I stared at the girl who was walking away.

"Aubrey I-"

I shifted and jogged after her. I didn't want to talk to Kale right now, I'd told him I was the Omega. True I had taken some time before telling him, but I hadn't hid the fact.

It hurt that he hadn't trusted me enough to tell me this, and yet he'd wanted to kiss me.

The blonde looked down at me and offered a smiled to me. I would have smiled back, really I would have. But I suddenly didn't feel like smiling anymore.

Instead, I just looked at the ground as if shy. I hoped I hadn't hurt her feelings. It wasn't her fault Kale hadn't told me he was an Alpha, I didn't want to be taking it out on her.