So it Begins

I hummed a little, opening my eyes to see the ceiling above me. A small smile pulled at my lips as I remembered last night. I didn't remember falling asleep in bed, but in Kale's arms.

However, when I turned to look, Kale wasn't asleep next to me, he wasn't even there. A small pout appeared over my face at that but I sat up, stretching my arms above my head. I shouldn't have expected us to share the same bed.

Especially after I'd virtually rejected his marriage proposal.

A sigh left my lips as I then bit down on them in thought. I needed to talk to him, explain my thought process. But I already had, hadn't I?

Shaking my head, I climbed out of bed and went over to the closet. No thin, long dresses today!

I picked out a nice long sleeved shirt and some jeans. It felt weird not picking out a jacket or a scarf to go with them, but I knew it was quite warm down here, even for the spring, so this would have to do.

After brushing my hair and putting a small braid in it, so it hung off to the side, I walked out into the hall.

It was quiet out here, but only for a moment. I perked up at the sound of people approaching and looked around a little nervous.

Alexa walked around the corner with a couple of wolves talking to her and she sighed.

"Look, I know the Alpha hasn't yet dealt with your cases but you've just got to be patient, he's doing his best." She told them and I tensed as one of them spoke.

"Look! It's the new Luna!"

Immediately, both the wolves started in my direction at an alarming rate, I had to hold back a squeak as I was approached.

"Luna! You need to talk to the Alpha, I've been waiting for a hearing for days, Weeks even!"

"Oh no you don't, I'm going to make the complaint first! You should talk to him for me!"

"I need to speak with the Alpha about an urgent matter!"

"As do I, the same as you!"

Alexa shoved the wolves away from each other and me seeing as they were seemingly dragging me into a fight.

"Calm down you two! Aubrey is not the Luna, you all need to speak with me or the Alpha with your complaints!"

Her tone hushed the wolves and she pulled me away from them and off to the side.

"I'm terribly sorry, if I'd known you were awake I wouldn't have come down this hall." She told me, but my gaze was focused on the wolves still. They came to the Alpha with their troubles? It sounded nice but, I'd never heard of such a thing. Or perhaps I was the only person to never talk with my Alpha back home because, I was so secluded.

"What, What was that about?" I asked pointing at the people, but Alexa turned me around.

"Oh you don't have to worry about it, really. How about you go to the kitchen and get something to eat?" She suggested, but I frowned.

"No, really Alexa, I want to know." I told her, turning back to face her. She sighed softly.

"The wolves of the pack come to the Alpha and his Luna with their problems, but we have a lot of people, so we have a lot of problems in the pack. Kale does alright, and there are only a few wolves he ends up missing every once and a while. But this isn't something you have to worry about, really."

"Because I'm not the Luna?" I asked and she gave me a sheepish smile.

"Yes?"

I looked down at the ground with a small frown before looking back up at her.

"..Can I help?" I asked and she blinked at me blankly, she seemed surprised.

"I, Uh...I guess. B-But you should get some breakfast first." She told her firmly and I perked up with a little smile and nodded.

"I'll try to be quick." I chirped and headed down the hallway.

"It's on your right on the next turn, down the stairs." She called after me and I looked back at her with a thankful nod.

I almost went past the stairs, I was a little too excited.

For the first time in what felt like forever, I was going to be helping others, not just myself. Plus, if I helped these wolves, perhaps I'd also be helping Kale with taking care of the pack. The thought excited me. Maybe being Luna wouldn't be so bad after all.