Moving Along

I rubbed my eyes and stared up at the ceiling as sunlight filled my room.

Glancing out my window, I saw the green of the trees and sighed. Spring, there was still some snow on the ground, but this late into the season you could finally see some of the grass reaching up to the sky. Sitting up I stretched and got to my feet.

Perhaps there would be some bigger game for me to hunt.

Lately it'd been getting a little harder to get pelts, I managed, but it would be nice to be able to get more than just enough to get by.

I pulled on some skinny jeans and yanked a sweater over my head.

After getting some socks on and stuffing my feet into some ankle boots, I raked through my hair, putting it up in a half braid.

I looked at myself in the mirror, I'd gotten a bit pale lately, less time in the sun I guess. But I didn't dwell on that, and instead grabbed a bag. Maybe I could catch a squirrel or something and take care of it, I couldn't afford an actual pet, but I needed something to take care of otherwise I'd start going crazy.

I headed down stairs, making an egg sandwich and stuffed it in my mouth. I almost didn't brush my teeth, but the feeling of food on my teeth was annoying me, I went back up and took care of it before heading back down.

I headed to the front and opened the door ready to head out. But I paused at the sight of someone already outside.

They had their hand up about to knock. His hair was freshly cut and he no longer had stumble around his chin.

Kale opened his mouth, but the slam of my door filled my ears before I realized what I'd done.

My face turned hot and than cold, what was he doing here? Why was he here? Was he really here?

I opened my door again, and he was still standing there. He blinked at me in surprise, probably still shocked from me slamming the door in his face. But I ended up with the door shut in his face again.

I couldn't believe he was here, my head was spinning and I suddenly didn't want him to be here. Which was strange, because I'd missed him so much these past few months. But what if he wasn't all that I thought he was, or remembered him to be? What if he hated me? That was ridiculous though, if he hated me why was he here?

A knock at the door made me jump as I remembered he was still standing outside.

I swallowed a lump in my throat and opened the door again, slowly.

He still stood there, now with a raised brow as he stared at me.

"Are you done?" He asked and I felt my cheeks light up.

"S-Sorry." I stuttered staring at him.

He was wearing a tank top and jeans with a plaid shirt and a jacket over his shoulders. He looked casual and comfortable, even though he also looked a little cold.

I cleared my throat trying not to stare, but I couldn't help it.

"I-Um, What brings you here?"