Bad Idea

I woke up when the door clicked to signal the lock being turned.

Getting to my feet, I felt a small twinge from my ankle, I just hoped it had healed properly. Which it had, it was just asleep.

"Have you learned your lesson?" The girl asked with a persnickety tone. I rolled my eyes in reaction.

She frowned at me and opened the door more. Kelly was standing off to the side of the outside room.

I walked up with a suspicious frown when the girl shoved me out of the room and shut the door.

"Little Kelly made an interesting suggestion." She said smiling over at the little girl who looked away.

I frowned at Kelly and then back at the girl not saying anything.

"You wouldn't have needed to worry about it if you had been a good Omega. But since you seem to have forgotten your place..." She smirked before punching me in the gut.

I stumbled and fell to my knees coughing as she spread her feet. "I'm gonna remind you of it, the classical way." She said before shifting.

My eyes widened, She was a big Eurasian wolf. Not as big as Kale, but still much bigger than I had thought.

I rolled out of the way just as she pounced, but once she landed, she whipped around and launched herself at me again.

Somehow, her miss gave me a chance to shift also. My white fur was easy to see in the dark basement, but being smaller had it's advantages.

I spent a good few minutes, simply dodging her attacks until she was panting, but I still allowed her to attack.

"Stand still you mangy Mutt!" She growled, snapping at my tail.

I swung it away and then back at her, giving her an eyeful of fur.

She backed off, her eyes shut, to which I pounced at her this time, bitting her wrinkled snout.

She yelped and whined, yanking away from me before trying to bite me back, I turned so she didn't get my face, but instead she latched onto my shoulder.

I bit back a pained yelp of my own before she swung me around, throwing me into the wall.

Still getting to my feet, I stayed near the wall, flinching when I used my front leg. She'd gotten in a good bite, although after a few more bites and scratches to her sides and face, she didn't look so pretty herself.

We circled each other, I was limping, but she was swaying. I'd gotten a good swipe at her eye while she'd bitten one of my ears and had done even more damage to my shoulder.

"How, how are you still standing?!" She snapped at me as I stared her in the eyes.

"Because I don't let being an Omega define me." I growled when she launched at me once more.

This time, instead of dodging, I slid under her, gauging out a good chunk of her stomach. She fell, and collapsed on the ground, blood pooling around her.

I was still panting as I shifted back, holding my now bleeding shoulder.

Even after everything she'd done, planned to do even, I hoped I hadn't killed her. I hadn't meant to go so deep.

"You d**n Mutt!" One of the men shouted at me. I looked over at the two of them as Kelly ran over towards me.

I got to my feet as one of the men pulled a gun, the other shifted and jumped at us. I shoved the brunette into a run and somehow got her up the stairs before the man fired. The first of his bullets hit the wall just behind me as I raced up the steps. But he pursued us up the stairs.

The one who'd shifted stayed in the basement as I got Kelly out the front door and slammed it closed behind me. But I'd forgotten about the window I'd broken earlier.

Glancing over my shoulder, I saw him point the gun, not at me, but at Kelly instead!

"Kelly!"

I jumped just before hearing a shot fire.
The girl turned towards me in what felt like slow motion as I grabbed her. Pain hit my back, tearing out my side before we tumbled down the hill, my second time hitting the rocks was more friendly than before, but Kelly was a bit scraped up as a result.

"You ok?" I asked her trying to sit up, but my spine hurt, badly.

She nodded quickly before looking up the hill.

"Someone's here!" She told me and pointed back up.

I hissed, trying to roll over. There was a small blur that zipped down to Kelly and I and the little boy from before jumped into his older sister's arms.

"Jaxon!" Kelly exclaimed, hugging him tightly, even as she stumbled on the rocks.

"Aubrey!"

I blinked hard with a frown. I don't remember ever telling anyone my name, not anyone here at least. Had 'Jaxon' brought help?

Arms wrapped around me and turned me the rest of the way making me hiss as Kale checked me for wounds.

"Sorry, are you ok?" He asked me looking at my side, which had become damp, I wondered if there was a stream nearby.

"Hey, What brings you here?" I asked with a tired smile.

"Ha ha ha." He frowned at me. "Why didn't you even say good bye? No, never mind, we need to get you back to the pack." He told me, hefting me up bridal style.

I winced as the pain in my spine and side hit me again.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't really going to leave. Some bitter, power hungry girl wanted me to 'learn my lesson' or what not." I was rambling, I didn't know it was a tendency of mine until Id met Kale. But at the moment, talking helped smooth the pain a little.

"Come on, you two come with me." He said to the kids and started out of the quarry.

"There's 3 werewolves in that cabin though." I told him with a frown.

"2 wolves now, don't worry. I brought some wolves of my own, they'll take care of the traitors inside."