Hopeless

~~~~~~~Sky Blue Quintan~~~~~~~

" Kill him fast or make him suffer? " Alexandra asked mischievously and it doesn't sound nice.

" What!? Don't make that tone! I don't want to kill any men! " I whisper-yelled and held the ice sword tighter with my two hands and patiently waited for the man while peeking behind the bars. The door squeaked a bit and it slid in open. A man in a band suit with a steel sword hanging in his hand entered and when he saw the bars on the ground he gazed on our direction.

" What the... " He said in agape and stood frozen staring at us. I swifted infront of him using my speed ability and dug the sword in his heart, the blood flowed but it slowly turned into colorful small particles on the air and his body followed.

His weapon clattered on the ground and I picked it up and gave the ordinary steel sword with bronze handle to Alexandra that just exited the bars again. And that's when I thought of her bow.

" Hey what's happening in there? " A large voice from the exit sounded. The clattering of the sword must've alerted him.

I strolled through the open door and Alexandra followed at my back and the door creaked when we passed, a men in a band costume stood, just like the other. I stabbed the gelid sword straight to his heart and he turned into particles in the air. With no signs of enemies left, I turned the sword back into a necklace again and placed it back on my neck.

I moved out of the exit fully and strolled to the upcoming hallway and heard a stab of a sword from behind. I turned and saw Alexandra killed the other guard that I didn't notice. Well, he is sleeping.

" Is there any applause for what I did? " She asked and grinned.

" Thanks " I said and continued strolling in the hallway. I heard her groan and grumble. Well, what should I say?

" I wonder, where is your bow? " I asked.

" They took it " Alexandra said.

I walked through the hallway and the lights are dim, maybe because it is night. After turning through another corridor that consists rooms at each side, Alexandra pulled my arm and handed me some keys.

" Let's free them " Alexandra said with a stoic face.

" Alexandra! This is great! " I complimented and she just rolled her eyes.

I walked to the first room and unlocked it but left it close, then to another one, and to the next, then...

---------------------------------------------

Phew! I unlocked all the rooms in this corridor and it seems like there are no keys left to unlock the rooms on one more corridor. Each room has different keys so, it may be on the other guard. I just hope that nobody notices and will close all of it.

" This is enough. Let's just continue our escape " Alexandra said, I just nodded and inserted the keys in one of the pockets at the back of my pants and started sprinting with her through the corridors.

" This is too risky " I said and turned to face her while catching my breath.

" But this is the fastest way " She said and I turned my gaze through our path.

Sweat started running through my forehead and on my back and it seems that the back of my white t-shirt is now wet. We turned to many corridors that I cannot say that we're in the right path. I should've made a map, if I just knew... Well, I still don't know the outline of this place.

I stopped running and placed my hands on my knees and started breathing heavily. Alexandra noticed me and she stopped too, just a few steps away from me. I can hear Alexandra's shallow breaths that is also followed by mine. I stood straight and gazed at Alexandra that is still panting.