Through the Darkness Within

~~~~~~Third Person POV~~~~~~

The trio kept pacing through the dark forest. The ground crackled with their shoe. They passed many dead trees, but even dead, starlight never peeked through the surface. The air was still, the only thing that can be heard are their footsteps. This place is lifeless...

Nobody knew what and where this place is.

They kept walking in silent, nobody dared to speak, they just walked. Sky's   bright, sparkling, shimmering wings that is folded on his back gave enough light to clear their path.

JM's eyes caught the dead trees, none of it holds traces of life anymore, they were leafless, only dead branches, broken twigs, sunken trunk and rotten roots. The book hanging in his hand.

" Are you sure that we are welcomed in this place? " JM asked hesitantly, just gazing around, on the dark

" Are you afraid of ghosts? Did you forgot that if we die our spirit will be transported to Chanderyalan immediately? You don't need to be scared. " Akeela said teasingly with a chuckle

" I am not talking about ghosts. " JM marked, his veins seethed with anger. " I am referring to some forests people, monsters, or what else that could harm us anytime. "

" Are you gonna worry right now? We have magical powers and an angel right here with us. You passed tremendous situations. That one shouldn't bother you. " Akeela remarked and JM just sighed.

" I'm helpless without my bracelet, the elemental bracelet that gives me courage for battle, without it, I won't be able to defend myself, defend you. I will only be a burden. " JM said, emotionally. Akeela seemed to understand him and just remained quiet, just for a little while.

" Yoi still have your unique skills and ability, you can use it to defend yourself, and us. " Akeela said encouragingly and stared at the depths of JM's eyes. They were unreadable.

" You don't need to worry, it's easy to magic a sword. Just ask me if you need one. " Sky added, his expression stoic.

" Still. Your ice sword is hard to utilize. The handle is slippery. And it burns my skin if I have it in my hands for a long time. That's the reason why I just dropped it when you were busy in your transformation or whatever earlier. " JM said. " Let's leave that topic. How did you learn to fly that easy? Your wings are just new, right? "

" They are and the pain still racked my back. My wings... somehow... have a mind of its own. When I placed my feet on the air, I just action the wings in my mind and it just follows. " Sky explained. And after it, nobody dared to speak, again.

They wandered straight through the forest and still found nothing, other than dead trees and darkness. Sky's leg cramped at every step of his, it was from the battle he had earlier.

Sky couldn't endure the pain anymore and his knees fell on the ground. Akeela and JM neared beside him, care and worry creased their face. " Sky, you must be tired. " JM said, his voice soft. His glance landed on Akeela's unclear face that looks bewildered by his glance and stands on the other side of Sky. " We should rest here. "

" No, I am not tired. " Sky said and attempted standing. When he rose his body, his leg ached horribly that made him groan loudly. " My feet, just hurts. " He said resolutely, sweat raced from her forehead. He attempted standing again, his face filled with grunts.