Chapter 1

Jennie’s POV

It’s Friday night and as usual I will be having a part time job as a waitress at the bar whose owner is the father of my best friend, Jisoo. I’m a scholar and a working student because my parents can’t afford my tuition. So I work every Friday night and weekends. I also tutor some students at school and I did a lot of part time work since I was in my first year of high school. I grew up like that. Work place, our home and my school are the only places that I’ve been to when I was growing up. It’s hard having a life like this but I didn’t give up and I will try my best so that we will be having a better life in the future. I study hard in our school and if I graduate in college, I can finally help my parents.

“Earth to Jennie. Hey Jen, you’re spacing out.” I heard my best friend Jisoo at the counter.

“Oh I’m sorry, you’re talking??” I replied.

“Gosh Jen. I was talking to you for about 5 minutes only to find out you weren’t listening to me. You hurt my feelings.” She overly whined. I rolled my eyes. She’s really dramatic but I love her. She’s my only friend after all. She’s always there when I need her and thanks to her, I got a job at her bar. Kidding.

“So I was saying there’s this girl who is staring at you. Look at her. She’s really pretty. Oh my gosh. Look at her eyes and her lips. It’s very kissable.” I slap her hand. She’s really like this. She knows I don’t like hearing those kind of things but she didn’t listen to me.

I look at the girl she’s talking about and yeah Jisoo’s right. She’s really pretty. The prettiest girl I’ve seen in my whole life. Her blonde hair and her bangs are just so perfect. And her eyes, oh my god her eyes are like staring at my soul. The way she sips her drink is like I’m watching a commercial on tv. She’s like an angel. God I’m in love. Wait what? Who’s in love? Me? No way. Focus Jen.

My angel is walking towards me. She’s walking..towards me. Oh my god. I don’t know what to do. She’s looking and smiling at me. I think I will melt.

“Jen, I have something to do. Good luck girl. Make sure to taste her lips okay.” she winked at me and left.

“Chu, don’t leave me here.” But she didn’t hear me.

Oh my god. Here she comes. Relax Jen. Act normal. You can do this.

“Hi. I was watching you there and I think you look familiar. Have we met before?” She said happily. Yes she’s drunk. I don’t know how long has she been drinking here since it’s only 10pm.

“I’m sorry miss but it’s my first time seeing you here. I think your vision is not clear anymore.” I replied.

“Noooo. You’re really familiar. You look like…like my future wife.” She confidently said to me while showing her killer smile. Dear god, I think I’m gonna die.