Chapter 34

Jennie’s POV

It’s already late at night and when I check Lisa at her room, she’s so drunk. She’s always like this. At the morning, she will just work at her office until at night and then she get drunk when she’s about to sleep. I don’t know what to do about her anymore. I always try to talk to her but she won’t listen to me.

The room is full of empty bottles scattered all around her and she’s just there still drinking while sitting at the floor. Her hair is dishevelled. She looks so stress.

“Lisa. Please stop drinking. That’s too much.” I told her and remove the bottle from her hand.

“Yahhhhh. I’m still drinking that. What are you doing? Mind your own business Jennie. Don’t tell me what to do.” She shouts.

“No. That’s enough. You’re drunk already. Please stop Lisa.” I beg to her.

You don’t have right to say what I want or what I wouldn’t do Jennie. You’re not my parent. And you’re not my girlfriend. So stop acting like we’re in a relationship because we’re not. Okay?” She told me in front of my face. I feel like there’s something squeezing my heart. It hurts so much.

I thought…I just thought she likes me too. I’m so stupid. Why did I even think of that? How can she like someone like me right?  I’m just a poor waitress with four kids. I didn’t even have a college degree. Yes. That’s right. There are a lot of better women for her. Those women who are prettier, sexier, taller and richer than me. She can even get a model. I know I don’t have a match compare to them. She’s Lalisa Manoban after all.

“I know but I’m just concern Lisa. I care for you.” I said to her while clearing my throat. I’m stopping myself from crying. I don’t want to cry in front of her.

“You don’t have to. This is my life.” She hissed.

“I can’t just sit down here and see you ruining your life Lalisa. What will your parents say if they see you like this?”

“Don’t you dare talk about them Jennie. You don’t even know them.” She said and then she throws up in front of me. I immediately pick a pail at the bathroom and put it in front of her so that she will just continue to puke there. Her shirt is already dirty and she can’t even open her eyes widely. She’s really wasted.

After she stops throwing up, I’m shock when she started crying.

“I should’ve been there. If I were in Thailand that time, maybe…maybe they’re still alive until now.”

“If I didn’t go back in Korea, maybe I’m still in Thailand today. I have a life there. All of my friends are there. My parents are there. I’m happy living with my parents there. And then when I came here in Korea boom….I’m an instant parent. Not just a parent of one child. But four!!! Do you know how my life suddenly changed because of that huh?” She stated.

I put her in her bed and remove her clothes. I’m already crying right now. Why do I feel like she’s blaming me for this? Is it really my fault?

“I should’ve been there. I want to go back to Thailand.” She mumbled. She’s already closing her eyes. She’s about to sleep now.

When I finish changing her clothes and clean her room, I quickly go to my room. I look at my kids sleeping peacefully at their cribs.

“Maybe your Dada is right baby. Maybe if I didn’t tell her about you all, maybe she’s happy in Thailand right now.” I cried while staring at them. It just hurt so much that she’s not happy having us. I feel like she’s regretting meeting us.

I pick up my phone and call Jisoo unnie.

“Hello Jendeuk? It’s already late. Why are you calling?” She told me. It seems like I wake her up.

“Unnie. Can you pick us up here?” I said to her. I’m still crying. I just can’t stop myself right now.

“What? Why are you crying?”

“Just come here unnie. I’ll tell you when I see you.” I told her and end the call.

----

Jisoo unnie came after an hour. I’m already done packing my luggage. I decided that we should just leave here. I can just raise my kids alone. I did it when Lisa is still not around so I can still do it now. I don’t like to think that we’re a burden to Lisa. If she wants to go back to Thailand, then I should let her. I want her to be happy. If she’s happy, then I’m happy for her.

“Unnie.” I immediate hug Jisoo unnie. I’m carrying Lily now. She’s still sleeping.

“Why are you crying? What happen?” I didn’t answer her and just give Lily to her.

“Can you put her on your car? I will just pick up the three and also our bag.” I said to her. She just obliged. She knows I’m not in the mood to talk right now.

After I put the kids to the car, I go back to Lisa. She’s still sleeping. I gently caress her cheeks. I will miss her so much.

I put a letter at the table. I just hope she will read it. I don’t want to leave her while she’s awake. I can’t stand saying goodbye to her.

I notice that I’m still wearing the ring. I remove it from my neck and put it on the table beside the letter.

“I can’t believe I think that it’s for me. You’re really a fool Jennie Kim.” I utter while smiling bitterly. My tears are starting to fall again.

“I love you. Please be happy baby.” I said and kiss her lips one last time.