Chapter 19

Jennie’s POV

My mother is preparing for our lunch today. I told them a while ago that there is this important someone I would like them to meet and that she is joining our lunch but I didn't tell them who she is. So my mother is busy cooking for our lunch. She is cooking all my favourite foods. She’s so excited because this is the first time that I’ll be bringing a friend in our home except for Jisoo. I just hope they won’t be disappointed when they found out that it’s Lisa I want them to meet.

I am busy dressing my kids now. I want them to look good in meeting their Dada again. And of course I should look pretty too so I applied a light make up. I hope my father won’t notice this. He’s not used of me wearing a makeup. In his eyes, I’m still his little girl who knew nothing about those beauty products.

As I was applying my lipstick, I receive a text from Lisa:

I’m coming Jennie.

Oh-okay. I immediately think of other things the moment I read it. I’m such a dirty minded person now. Maybe I need to drink a holy water to lessen my sins.  But it’s not my fault. It’s Lisa’s fault. She should’ve texted ‘I’m on my way’ or anything …but not like this. Come on, shut up Jen. It’s your mind’s fault. Stop giving shitty reasons.

After reading it, I immediately bring my kids at the kitchen. I settle them in their respective baby chairs. My mother is already done preparing our foods and when I saw my favourites, I feel like drooling. It’s been so long since I last tasted these.

“Where’s your friend now Jennie?” My mother asks me.

“She said she’s on her way Ma. Let’s wait for a while.” I replied still looking at the foods. I want to eat now.

“Okay. Call your father now. He’s in our room. Tell him the food is ready.” I obey my mother and go to their room.

“Pa? Let’s eat.” I call him after opening the door. He’s in their bed sitting while reading the newspaper. He glances at me then gets up.

“Is your friend already here Jen?” He asks while putting his hands in my shoulder. He’s really like this. He’s very affectionate. I think I get my clingy attitude in him. Then I hear a knock in our front door.

“I think she’s already here Pa. Let’s go.” I grab his hand to make him walk faster. “I’ll open the door Pa. Just go ahead to the kitchen.” I said to him. I’m feeling so nervous now. I just hope that this will turn out so well.

When I open the door, I was so shock with Lisa. She looks prettier today and I know she’s wearing branded clothes. She’s also driving another car again. I wonder how many cars she owned. Damn. She’s so rich.

“Hi Jen. This is for you.” She said and she hand me a bouquet of daisy flowers. She’s bringing two bouquets of flowers actually and I think she will give the other one to my mom. Oh my god. I’m starting to feel butterflies in my stomach.

“Thank you.” I smell the flowers. This is my favourite flower. How come she knows about this?

“Where are they?” She asks me while gazing at me straight in the eyes. I can’t stare at her for so long so I just look down.  I don’t know. There is something in her eyes that if I stare at her for so long, she can probably hypnotize me.

“They’re already in the kitchen waiting. Come on.” I grab her hand. I don’t know why I do that though. Then I notice that her hand is so cold.

“Are you nervous Lisa?” I ask her. Then I realize that her lips are so pale now. She looks like she’s about to pass out.

“Very.” She quickly replied. “But I can do this. This is for our kids after all.” She continued while holding me tighter. I nod and smiled at her. Then we go to the kitchen.

“Ma? Pa? This is Lisa.” I announce as we reach to the kitchen.

“Lisa? Your name sounds familiar. I just can’t remember when I heard that though.” My father said.

“Lisa as in that …Lisa?” My mother asks raising her eyebrows. Oh… my mother really has good memory.

“Good noon. Ma’am. Sir. I’m Lalisa Manoban. I’m…I’m the one who impregnated your daughter.” Lisa suddenly announced and then she bowed in front of them. “By the way, this is for you Mrs. Kim.” She gave the flowers to my mother and kissed her cheeks. I saw my mother blushed. What the hell?

“Hi sir. I’m Lisa.” Lisa said to my father and asks for a hand shake. I saw my father is glaring at her and is hesitating to accept the hand shake but I was surprise when he accepts Lisa’s hands. They’ve been shaking hands for a minute now while both looking at each other. I can see Lisa is in pain. She is stopping herself not to shout. My father is holding Lisa’s hands tightly. It seems like he wants to break her bones. I can see it because the veins of my father's hands are already showing. I need to stop them.

“Okay. Let’s start eating now. I’m so famished.” I said then I saw Lisa’s relieved face when my father let go of her hand.

As we are eating, I’m also feeding the kids. My mother wants to help me but Lisa insists that she will help me instead so I just let her.

“So tell me about yourself Lisa.” My father suddenly asks Lisa. She stops feeding Leo and look at him.

“Oh okay. I’m from Thailand sir. I am currently handling the business of my dad there but I was planning to stay here for good because of them… because I want to be with them and to see them grow up.” She looks at our kids. My heart melts when I hear what she said. She looks so sincere.

“And speaking of that, I would like to ask your permission if it’s okay that Jennie and our kids will move in with me sir. I am already planning to buy our house tomorrow. I want to support them not just financially but I really want to be close with them sir. I promise I will be a good Dada for them. Please sir?” She begged to my father. I didn’t expect Lisa will do that. My father and mother are both looking at each other. It seems like they’re talking through their eyes.

“You know what? Just ask Jennie, Lisa. Whatever her decision is, we will support her. And I know you’re a good person. I can feel it.” My father told Lisa. He’s smiling at her now. That’s so surprising.

“Really Pa?” I ask in disbelief.

“You’re already eighteen now Jennie. You can make your own decisions now and it’s your kids we’re talking about here.” He replied while holding my hand. My mother is just nodding at him and that means she is agreeing with my father.

“Oh my god. Thank you so much sir.” Lisa suddenly said. Then she stands up and bowed at them.

“Stop doing that Lisa. We still didn’t know what Jennie’s decision is.” My mother told Lisa and gesturing her to take her seat again. They’re all looking at me now. Lisa is giving me the look like she’s pleading through her eyes.

“Uhm o-okay.”

“Okay?” They ask in unison.

“Okay, we will move in with you Lisa.” I said happily at her. She screams and then hugged me so tightly. Then she suddenly kisses my cheeks multiple times.

“Thank you so much Jennie.” She said while still kissing both my cheeks. I know I’m a blushing mess right now.

----

I'm back. 😆 Enjoy reading. I'll try updating more tonight. ☺