Chapter 31

Jennie’s POV

Lisa arrived right after we finish our lunch with Jisoo. I notice that she bought so many things. I saw her carrying a lot of paper bags and I can tell that there are still a lot left at her car. She’s really a spendthrift. I think I should accompany her in shopping next time. She needs to stop spending money wastefully. Wait… aren’t you two the same Jennie when you have money?

“Hey. I’m back.” Lisa said cheerfully when she saw us at the living room. The kids are already sleeping upstairs. I think they’re tired of playing with Jisoo earlier. The kids are really close with Jisoo and she’s really good with kids.

Jisoo is looking at me intensely. I know that look. She’s telling me that I need to talk to Lisa now about what we’ve discussed earlier so I avoided her stare. She’s pressuring me.

“Did you have your lunch already?” I ask while I stand up from the couch and walk towards her.

“Yes. I already ate at the restaurant.” She said while struggling in carrying the paper bags. It's so many of them and I can see that they are all from expensive brands.

“I’ll help you.” I said and attempt to get the bags from her hands but she dodges my hand.

“No. Just go back sit there Jen. I’ll just put this all upstairs okay? I can handle this.” She told me.

“Why did you buy a lot of things Lisayah?” I ask her while crossing my arms around my chest.

“This??? This is all for you and the kids Jen.” She stated while raising all the bags.

“You don’t have to Lisa.” I replied to her. Staying with her in this house and helping me raising the kids are already enough. I don’t want her to think that we’re taking advantage of her, that we are just using her because of her money.

“But I want to Jen.” She said and pecked me on my lips then she quickly goes upstairs. She’s like avoiding my opposition. She didn’t want to argue with me.

I go back to the couch to just sit again. I’ll just hope that Jisoo unnie didn’t saw when Lisa kissed me earlier. I know she’ll say something again. Thankfully, she’s busy with her phone and didn’t listen to what we’re talking earlier.

Lisa finished putting all the things she bought upstairs for about 15 minutes. When she returns to us, Jisoo unnie suddenly said that she needs to go now. I know she’s just making excuses right now.

“What? Just stay here for dinner Jisoo.” Lisa said to her while taking her sit beside me. Jisoo is already standing. She’s about to go now.

“No it’s okay Lisa. I really need to go now. There's an emergency at the bar. I need to be there. I’ll just come back next week okay?” She said while having that pity look and then she hugged me and Lisa goodbye and hurriedly walks out from the house.

Wow. It really looks like she’s having an emergency. She’s really a good actress. She deserves an Oscars award. She needs an acting gig now. I remember she already had an acting gig before because I know, acting is one of her passion. But she needs to star in a kdrama and be the female lead and not just an 11 seconds appearance in Arthdal because she’s the best.

Okay. I need to ask Lisa now. Breathe Jen. Breathe. Hooohhhh. You can do this.

“Lisa..”

“Jen...” We both said at the same time. What a good timing.

“Yes?” Lisa asked me.

“No. Just go ahead Lisa. So you’re saying?” I said to her. Shit. I can’t say it. Maybe I’ll just talk to her this evening. Right... I need more time to prepare for this. I need to accept whatever she’ll say about us.

“Oh we need to go upstairs. I have something for you. I hope you’ll like it.” She said and then she holds my hand and interlocks it as we walk upstairs.

“But before that. You need to see what I bought for the kids first.” Lisa said happily as she turns the doorknob. Our bed now is full of plastics and paper bags. I open all those things and Lisa bought a lot of toys and clothes for the kids. There are also a lot of clothes for me. It looks so expensive. I wonder how much she spends for this. What a spoiler.

“Okay. But that’s not all Jennie. I still have something for you.” Lisa said while showing me that killer smile of hers. She’s about to get something from the drawer beside our bed when she heard a call from her phone.

“Hello?” Lisa picked her phone and I was surprise when she suddenly drops it on the floor. Then she started crying. Oh my gosh. What’s wrong with her?

“Hey hey. What happen Lisa?” I ask Lisa and walk towards her. I pick up the phone from the floor and I saw that it’s Rosie she’s talking. I wipe her tears in her cheeks and make her look at me.

She can’t even utter a single word. She’s having a breakdown.

“M-mom and Dad…they’re…they’re gone Jennie. Rosie said they had a car accident this morning.”

----

I've been so busy these past few days 😢 and I lost my drafts for the next chapters...including this chapter so I need to rewrite it all  😢

But I'm back 😁