Chapter 51: Unexpected

Carly's POV

It's been a while since I had a decent conversation with my brother, he's been avoiding me for weeks. True we still live in the same house, but I barely felt his presence even though his room is just right next door. I can't really blame him for treating me like a non-existant ghost, it's my fault. He and Marie had a stable relationship until I came to the picture, I ruined everything.

With a sigh, I got up from the bed and picked up my phone near the lampshade. I've been thinking about this for a while now, MC's rarely around for me, in fact he's not around at all. Honestly having a relationship like like this isn't healthy, I know I need to clear things out between us. I felt a wave of disgust washed all over me when I remembered that time at the island.

Seriously, I was the one who asked him out, like what the heck. True I did liked him back then, at least I tried to. Sadly I only did it so that I can avert my focus elsewhere other than Yuri that time, and it worked, I did moved on. As selfish as it is, yes, I did used MC. I used him like a patch to cover up the wound that I inflicted upon myself. I'm a horrible person, I truly am.

But I'm trying to fix this, I know I have to start off by breaking up with MC, then set things right between Marie and I, and apologize to Carl. The worst part of this plan is that I can't even feel the guilt on what I'm about to do, am I really this heartless? Or because I can't feel anything towards him at all anyway. He's barely around, he's gonna be okay. In fact maybe I'm just a bother to him, he's always busy after all. 

I searched for our last message box, the last time that we texted each other was about a month ago, and that's a very long time. Now I'm certain that I should do this, what's the point of a relationship where your partner isn't around for you anymore? That's just tiring.

MC              📞

Hey, can I talk to you?

Few minutes passed by of staring at the screen, I got no response from him.Thinking that he's still busy, like always, I decided to just turn my phone off. I was about to do it when his message popped up.

Hey Carly, of course
we can talk. I'm really
sorry about my absence, it's
just huge family problems

His typical reasons, honestly I grew tired of hearing that. At this point I don't care what's he really up to I just wanna get this over with, it's all just strange for me because I can't feel anything at all. And it's not like he would cry over it he's better off these passed few weeks without me.

I don't wanna do
this anymore MC

It took him a minute before he replied.

You're breaking up
with me?

Yeah. Sorry

Well, it's alright.
Whatever makes you happy

It felt like I got hit by a brick when I read that. I squinted my eyes shut because I'm starting to grow mad at myself for doing this to him, he doesn't deserve this. That's exactly the reason why you're breaking up with him, he deserves so much better, they all do. I think I may be the thrall of the devil's incarnate, all I do is hurt people who cares so much for me. You are so useless Carly, you hurt an innocent person, you hurt your bother, you toyed with Marie's feelings.

I can feel my throat burning up in pain, holding the tears back is way too painful. I threw my phone away with force, sending it across the room. Stress and frustration kicks in, making me grip my hair in anger and bury my face on the pillow. There I screamed and cussed crap about myself.