Chapter 56: We Believed Her

Monika's POV

No no no..this has to be a dream. It has to..W-we were just supposed to have fun tonight..nothing bad is supposed to happen! Oh god.."Natsuki where are you..", I whispered through gritted teeth.

Earlier, me and Sayori were curious so we just had to..you know..investigate what Natsuki and Yuri are doing? Gosh why did that come out as a question. But I didn't expect see Yuri unconscious on the ground!

"M-monika I think y-you should sit down..", I felt Sayori's soft touch on my hand. I've been pacing around the hospital room for..for I don't even know how long!

I shifted my gaze at the wall clock. 2 hours have already passed. "I'm fine Sayori", I tried to give her a reassuring smile but that obviously didn't work.

"Fuck..fuck FUCK!", Sayori jumped back a bit. "Keep your voice down Yukiho!", Mrs. Watson warned. She and Mr. Watson are in here too. And Yukiho dismissed that warning and acted as if she didn't hear a thing, she's slamming her fists on the wall and Mars is trying her hardest to hold her off. "Yukiho! Hurting yourself won't help Yuri or bring Natsuki back! Don't add up to the problem dammit!", Mars stood in front of her.

"I can't help it! I fucking can't help it okay?!", she started crying and turned herself away from us. I can't stand hearing the pain in her voice so I just buried my face on Sayori's neck, hoping to stop the tears but I just can't hold them in anymore.

"Oh my baby..", Mrs. Watson is tearing up. I couldn't even imagine the amount of pain they're feeling knowing that their daughter had been knocked out cold. She's holding her close, quietly praying for her to wake up near her ear, but cautious since she's still wounded. The blood stain is still visible through the white cloth.

Obviously she got bashed with something hard enough for her head to bleed. Thank God it wasn't hard enough to break anything that can cause serious harm, like fracturing her skull.

But even so, that won't stop us from worrying. Natsuki is still out there and we still don't have any idea where she is.

"Monika..d-do you think Natsuki is s-still..", Sayori gulped before tilting her head up to look at me, "S-still alive..?"

"Of course she is Sayori!", . I'm sure I got the others attention by raising my voice. And even though it's not intentional, I still regretted it. "I-I'm sorry..", Sayori hid herself between my arms. I sighed and gave her a kiss on top of her head, "It's okay, I-I know it's a very stressful time for all of us", she mumbled. I started caressing her soft hair, all we can do right now is hope for the best and that everything will go back to the way it's supposed to. It still bothers me a lot though..they made sure only students and the school staffs can enter the school premises. Yet everything didn't go as planned and more importantly, they were able to do their twisted schemes without even a single guard suspecting them!

Unless..

The door bursts open.

Police officers came in. And I'm sure I've seen them before. They're the ones working on Mr. Aihara's case. "Mr. and Mrs. Watson, may I have a word with you?", the tall woman spoke. Mrs. Watson wiped her tears away, she took one last look at peacefully sleeping Yuri and caressed her forehead. Her husband slowly helped her up, and the two of them faced the expected guests.

She's trying to get herself together, but knowing her injured daughter is still unconsciously laying on the hospital bed and Natsuki whom they got attached to is missing, there's just no way she's gonna feel okay about this- none of us is okay about this.

One of the police officers cleared their throat and scanned the room, as if there's a threat nearby, or as if some people aren't supposed to be here. Wait, they didn't want us to be here asides from the married couple don't they? "Ma'am, we all do respect but I specifically said-"