Chapter 54: Masquerade Ball

Third Person's POV

It's been a rough week or months even, due to the incident the principal cancelled the party- or at least, not until the students went on a riot about it. It's just that, it really means a lot for everyone to celebrate it since it's their first time and probably the last. Lack of budget rather, that's why the school never celebrated it before. But now that they saved enough for the occasion, it's finally happening this year! But sadly, the school shooting happened.

The council and all the school staffs had been planning and debating about it for quite some time, they knew the only way to decide is to put it on a vote- of course majority is the ball's approval, therefore rejoice for the students! Since they still wanted it to happen anyway. But that doesn't stop the debate just yet, they're still concerned about everyone's safety, especially since the other student is still fast asleep at the hospital. She's recovering but still undergoing through a healing process.

Whilst the other two, which is Natsuki and the freshmen, went on with their lives. They felt bad since the freshmen got traumatized by the incident and wouldn't leave their house anymore, she's lucky though, she has friends and family by her side so they're pretty sure that she's still going to the Ball, hopefully. The staffs hired enough security, not to mention the police force volunteered to help as well, and they're already on patrol duty.

Strictly confidential guards are all over the place too, the brunette noticed this. And yes, she's the very first one to arrive there above all her friends, she just can't contain her excitement.

The sun is setting on the horizon, teachers and students are filling the gym, she admired the decorations and effort that everyone did. Lights, flowers, banners, and balloons is making the atmosphere...breathtakingly romantic. She can't wait to see the others, which is why she chose to stand and wait by the gym's entrance. People would greet her as they passed by and went inside, she can only smile and greet them back as well, even though she's not entirely sure if she knows some of them or not.

It wasn't boring, just standing there for about 15 minutes or so, it's fun seeing people on their outfits. Ballgowns of different kinds and guys on their finest suit, she mostly compares if she looks better than them or not, which is either way she thinks of herself that she is. The woman's really full of herself but she isn't entirely wrong, her olive green evening gown adds appeal to her glimmering emerald eyes, which is under her golden mask. For her, her outfit's decent enough for the occasion. But the others finds her really attractive, it's easy to recognize her for who she is because of her hair, it's still tied up into a pony tail, the usual- just how she loves it.

Gold and greenish dress suits her taste, she wanted to look her greatest just like everybody else on this extravaganza, this is a one time thing after all since this is her final year before she graduates highschool.

The disguised securities are already patrolling the area and moreover the entire school. The only available entrance to the place is the main gate. People can only enter if they have their ID pass, and they even did a body search. The brunette understands that it's for safety purposes but the way how they accidentally ruined her hair earlier irritated her, she caused quite a scene. But they're fine with it, after all the securities dealt with far much more greater drama queens anyway.

They had their salary increased for tonight and it's their job to guarantee everyone's safety, so they've really got nothing to complain about. But dealing with raging teens can be quite a pain.

This is wonderful, the brunette thought as she reached out to hold the flower, it's attached to an arc that she's standing right below of. It's artificial, but some are real. Even the entrance is already pleasing to look at, how much more is it on the inside? Oh how bad she wanted to get in there and feast upon the mouthwatering delicacies and dance along the euphonious beat of music. But it can wait, she wouldn't get in there alone and have the fun all to herself, she can wait for her friends. Patience is a virtue after all.