04 • Bitchiness Galore

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

'Did you meet your roommate?'

'Yeah about that, I think you...' I started typing, before changing my mind.

I'll tell him later. I'll call and explain everything to them when I had my stuff sorted out.

Instead I sent a smiley emoji, to avoid answering that question. That would have to do for now.

'Kinda busy right now. Will call later.' I finally messaged and stuffed my phone into my pocket.

I had grocery shopping to do.

●○●

'Do I really need an entire carton of flavoured yogurt?' I mused.

Actually, yes. One for each day and six cups for the bad days. The twenty cup super saver yogurt pack was a perfect buy for two weeks of a happy tummy.

The only catch though, it was bulky and I was finding it rather hard to balance it in one hand as I climbed the stairs with a bag of groceries in my other hand, to my second floor apartment.

I fumbled for my key and stuck it into the lock. Just as I twisted the key and pushed the door open, I was greeted by a low moan from the kitchen. My eyes widened in alarm.

I set the groceries down hastily and rushed in to see what the matter was, only to see a girl wrapped in a tight embrace with Vinay .

Vinay was slowly trailing short, wet kisses on her neck and the girl, Lara, who I recognized as one of the girls from my class, bent her head away to give him better access. She moaned in contentment, and I felt weird standing there and watching them.

It felt like I was intruding something very private, so I tried to stealthily make my way across the small hall to my room. But for some reason, Lara opened her eyes at that instant and saw me.

"Oh my God! What the hell are you doing in here?!" Lara screamed, as she hurriedly jumped out of Vinay's arms and patted her hair into place.

Closing my eyes, I bit my cheek on hearing her voice. Here I thought I could just slip into my room undetected. Today certainly wasn't one of my lucky days.

I exhaled loudly as I turned to face them. Lara was glaring at me like I was some piece of shit and I offered her a small smile hoping I could slip away unscathed.

Vinay radiated a cold rage. Clenching his jaw, he ran his fingers through his mussed up hair.

For a moment I was too scared to say anything. I was used to conveniently shrinking away from the limelight in such situations.

"I live here." I said finally to Lara, swallowing hard as I fought to control the even tone of my voice.

I might as well acknowledge the fact right? It truly was my apartment as much as it was Vinay's and honestly I as tired of people walking all over me because I never spoke up for myself.