09 • Boyfriend?!

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

Vinay who looked visibly drunk, came to an abrupt stop in front of an unfamiliar looking boy who was talking to a fellow classmate and grabbed him roughly by his collar.

'Oh my God! What the hell had gotten into him?!' I gasped, frightened for the other boy.

The onlookers broke out into anticipated whispers as they just stood there and watched.

Before the bouncers grabbed hold of him, Vinay drew his hand back and punched the poor boy square in the jaw.

●○●

The boy grimaced, his hand shooting up to cradle his bruised face. His lower lip was cut and I could see dark liquid streaming down his chin in a thin line from the corner of his mouth.

Despite being hurt, the boy held his attacker's smoldering gaze and chuckled at him, as the bouncers pulled Vinay away from the boy and shoved him towards the back exit of the club.

"Don't fucking touch me." Vinay growled, as he looked behind his shoulder and glared at the boy.

I watched incredulously as the boy shuffled towards Vinay and leaned in to whisper something in his ear before pulling away lazily, his lips curling upward. Vinay's face turned as white as a sheet and he stood still for a moment.

I gasped. Oh my God! Who was this boy?! I don't know which, but he was either stupid or just stupid to bait Vinay like that. And that wicked smirk painted all over his face certainly wasn't going to be of much help. God save him!

The crowd held their breath waiting for a reaction from Vinay but they got none. He hung his head and let the bouncers push him out of the club.

Grabbing my purse I walked briskly towards the back exit, looking for Vinay. That stupid asshole was drunk out of his mind. I needed to find him before he did something idiotic and landed himself in more trouble.

I honestly don't know why the first thought that crossed my mind after seeing a drunk Vinay punch a stranger randomly , was to rush to his help rather than running up to Roshni and asking if I could spend the night in her dorm.

The thought baffled me.

But before I could actually contemplate my choices, my feet had already carried me out of the exit and into the narrow alley behind the club, where all the cars and bikes were parked.

"Let me go, you bloody motherfucker." Vinay ground out from between his teeth, tugging against his restraints.

I cringed involuntarily at his choice of words.

"Keep quiet, boy." One of the burly men said gruffly.

A man in a formal suit stood before him typing away on his phone. The club owner, I assumed.

"We're going to hand you over to the police and press charges for underage drinking and trespassing on private property." The man in the suit, remarked in a clipped tone.

"Oh come on," Vinay slurred, "That was hardly trespassing. My name was on that damn list."

"How does damage of private property and assault sound then?" the man cut him off.

Vinay pursed his lips into a thin line, his nostrils flaring as he exhaled furiously.

I shook my head in disbelief. Vinay was at fault, no doubt, but he didn't deserve to be thrown into jail.

He needed someone to understand the turmoil he was going through at the moment rather than dealing with the police for punching some psycho in a club.

"Excuse me Sir," I said, walking over to them, " Could you please let him off."

"I'm afraid I can't, Ma'am." The owner shook his head, "This boy is a potential threat to others in his current state."

'Yeah I know. Which is why I'm already starting to regret coming out here.

"You know I'm standing right here!" Vinay gritted.

'Shut your mouth for once you bozo, I'm trying to help here.' I glared at Vinay.

He clenched his jaw hard and looked away.

"I understand your concern Sir, but I think he's just having a rough night." I said earnestly, "Besides, I'm sure managing this entire event tonight has stressed you out and involving the police is just going to add on to your burden. Why don't I drop this him home and make sure his parents deal with him? It'll certainly make things easier for you right?"

The man in the suit studied me skeptically with narrowed eyes as I spoke.

"Do you happen to know this boy, Ma'am?" he asked.

"Yes, I do." I nodded vigorously.

"Is he your boyfriend by any chance?" the man asked.

What the hell! I feel personally attacked.

"Uh...no. Why would I ever date a boy like him?" I replied quickly, a nervous laugh escaping my lips, "We just stay in the same apartment complex you see."

Vinay snorted at this.

He raised his brow playfully mouthing, same house.

I ignored him.

"I deeply apologize for being so forthcoming, Ma'am." The owner said solemnly.

I smiled in dismissal.

Without second thought, he said, "Well, you do look like a responsible young lady, so I'll let your friend go but I'm afraid the club is going to have to blacklist him."

"That shouldn't be problem." I replied.

The bouncer released Vinay and pushed him forward in my direction, before he and the owner went back inside wordlessly.

"You didn't have to do that, Akira." Vinay slurred, stumbling slightly, "I could have handled the situation myself."

His pupils were dilated and a light red colour surrounded his irises. He looked forlorn.

I rolled my eyes at his chauvinistic words, and laughed humorlessly.

"Look at the state you're in. You couldn't even have dialed a phone number properly so the least you could do is show me some gratitude because I saved your sorry ass from spending the night in prison." I remarked sassily.

"What if that's what I wanted?" Vinay countered.

"Don't be morbid." I narrowed my eyes, "I'm calling a cab and you're going home with me."

He shrugged indifferently.

I opened the local cab portal on my phone and waited as it scanned the neighborhood for taxis.

Vinay on the other hand sat down cross legged on the asphalt covered ground, and brought out a small flask of liquor.

I watched silently, utter distaste written all over my face as he emptied its contents in one long swig. Some of the disgusting brown liquid dribbled down his chin, but Vinay seemed least bothered.

Suddenly my phone pinged with a notification.

Your daily 4G high speed data limit has been exhausted. Extra charges will be billed to your account for extra usage. Terms and conditions apply. Thank you for your cooperation.

●○●

SHIT!!
So this is a double update coz I just felt like it...
Enjoy!!
Don't forget to vote and comment!!