24 • Fragile Bonds

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

"Miss Joshi?" Mr. Deb called out, "Do consider coming to the cocktail party on the twenty fifth of this month. I'll have the details mailed to you. We have some other stuff to discuss."

I nodded in response over my shoulder, "Thank you Sir."

The moment I stepped out, I hugged the oblivious personal assistant who was waiting outside anxiously. She gasped at my sudden embrace, which was more along the lines of a friendly way of attempting to strangle the poor soul.

"I think I'm going to get a new job very soon!" I squealed, before rushing to collect my things from my workplace.

I had to call my parents and share the news. And Vinay, and Roshni and Neel of course.

Things were finally looking up and no bozonic numbskull was going to pull me down!

●○●

"Vinay! The bananas are turning black...I told you to make some smoothie or something before they became over ripe!" I yelled, looking at the three distasteful bananas sitting calmly on the kitchen top.

"You're the one who bought an entire dozen, Akira. And you know that's the one fruit I hate." He yelled back from his room, "I don't get your obsession with bananas. You're a worse than those stupid minions!"

"You did not just go there, you dunderhead!" I marched into his room, "Not a single word against my love for bananas. They are most certainly God's greatest gift to us. It's packed with just the right amount of sugar and vitamins along with potassium. I love bananas. Period."

Okay, the last part sounded a bit off. Kind of like a sex crazed bimbo, who I most certainly was not, talking in code.

"Sure," Vinay guffawed, a sparkle dancing in his dark eyes, "Anything else I must know about bananas?"

"Well, they're the most feminist fruits you'll ever find," I replied cocking my head slightly, "They are parthenocarpic which means they do not need pollen to fertilize their ovules. In short, there's no place for men in banana-land."

"Yet we have our own hanging between our legs." He chuckled.

I cringed in disgust, "Eww, Vinay! That's just low."

"Aren't you on kitchen duty today?" he asked, opening his cupboard and took out a shirt.

He pulled off the one he was wearing, leaving me to shamelessly gawk at his sculpted torso. No matter how many time I'd seen him shirtless now, I still ended up drooling like a freaking pug.

"Umm...yes." I replied quickly, lifting my gaze to meet his amused one, "Give me fifteen minutes. I'll whip something up."

I headed to the kitchen and set a saucepan onto the stove, before turning it on.

"Do you have any plans today?" Vinay asked, entering the kitchen.
"Not really, I need to call my parents and tell them about TYCHE," I shrugged, as I poured some oil into the heated saucepan, "What about you?"