47 • Midnight Drawls

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

"Well, a couple of guests I invited were very impressed. So if you three are keen on commercializing your product, you can meet me in my office tomorrow and we can talk about it." The balding professor said before moving away to greet another team.

The moment he was out of earshot, the three of us turned to face each other with impish grins.

I almost imploded with joy then and the feeling took me to a high that would take some time die down.

●○●

Shifting my weight off my frozen feet and stretched them slowly, I massaged my calves with my clammy fingers using a gentle pressure.

I pushed the web camera of my laptop away from me and listened silently as the boys tried to bite each other's head during our video call.

Wriggling my toes from side to side, I admired my clean neatly cut toenails for a moment as they droned on without end.

Neel and Harsh were arguing in a rather impassioned manner about the pros and cons of venture funds provided by the government for promoting startup culture in the country.

We'd dropped into Professor Murthy's office just like he'd asked and he'd helped us chart out a course plan to help us make our app marketable and attractive.

He'd even offered to call our alumni who had started TYCHE but nothing concrete had happened down that path and I was kind of relieved.

"We're going to need more liquid funds for research and development of the software and the government provides only a minimal amount to provide a reasonable push." Harsh said.

"Yes, but allowing the government to have some equity will bring down the pressure to perform and we'll be able to concentrate on the actual development aspect rather than clocking numbers right from the start." Neel countered heatedly, "Relying entirely on a bunch of angel investors is going to be stressful. We still have two and a half years of college to fucking cope with Harsh!"

"I know that," Harsh replied in a rehearsed calm voice, his jaw clenching as he fought to maintain his composure, "You just don't want to put in any extra work. You prefer the easy way out, Neel."

Oh sweet heavens! Did he seriously have to go there?

"That's a load of bullshit and you fucking know that, so you can go and shove up your ass." Neel fumed.

"Ok boys, I think that's enough." I cut in, the camera still tilted away so they could only see half of the ceiling fan.

"But Akira," Neel began, his tone still raised but a couple of octaves lower than it had been a few moments ago.

"Shut up Neel!" I rolled my eyes, "It's your bruised ego talking here."

I caught Harsh bite back a triumphant smile as I chided Neel.