19 • Vibrators and Terminator

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

"Happy?" he ground out.

"More than you know." I replied, mustering up a forced smile.

Vinay walked into his room and slammed the door shut, a wave of déjà vu hitting me. And with that the tears came streaming down my cheeks in thin rivulets.

Only then did I realise that my feelings were the ones that were messed up not him.

●○●

Vinay stood shirtless in front of the stove, boiling water for his morning tea. Looking at his drool worthy physique covered with sweat instantly had the sleep flying out of my eyes.

"Good morning." I croaked.

"Morning." He replied curtly without looking up.

I sighed.

Well, at least he answered. I was kind of hoping we could erase the previous evening, I mean not the kiss but the part where we started fighting like every single we found each other alone.

"Look, I'm sorry for being a bitch yesterday," I started, studying his robotic movements, "Can we please put last night behind us and start afresh?"

"Last time I checked we hadn't planned a tête-à-tête this morning." Vinay said, turning off the stove and pouring his tea into a cup, complete with one teaspoon of milk before stirring it.

Ughh!

"This is exactly what I'm here to talk about," I groaned, flailing my hands between us, " Every time we are together, we fight. Can't we just put all that's happened so far behind us?"

Vinay shrugged, sipping his tea quietly.

I sucked my lips I to my mouth and nodded. "Ok, I get it if you don't want to. I'll go get ready for college."

I turned to go back to my room.

"Okay." Vinay's gruff voice stopped me.

I turned my head, perking up my chin in disbelief. "Okay?"

He nodded.

"Okay!"

Stop flirting with him, you numbskull!

I mentally whacked my head and reminded myself that this wasn't The Fault In Our Stars, and that other words still existed and were demanding to make their presence known.

"Do you want to grab a bite after college today?" I asked hesitantly, "I totally understand if you have other appointments, we could always reschedule or maybe just not go or something."

Vinay raised his brow and a stupid smirk danced on his lips as he listened to my impromptu extempore, "Jeez! Fucking stop already. You're beginning to sound like a clerk at the district attorney's office."