16 • Jitters

《Short Recap》

《Short Recap》

"Vinay, I..." I called out.

"Don't, you don't have to say anything. It's not your fault." Vinay cut me off rudely.

I followed after him, my hand coming up to brush my lips. Despite being so wrong in more ways than one, the kiss had felt blissful and I craved to feel his mouth against mine again.

I just hoped that one taste would be enough.

●○●

"You did what?!" Roshni exclaimed, whipping her head round to face me.

"Keep your voice down, idiot!" I whispered loudly, widening my eyes in warning.

"I am, you're the one attracting attention." Roshni huffed quietly, looking around us.

It was a free hour, before our lecture on the internet of things and we were sitting in the small college canteen. The blistering heat outside had both of us suffering from severe cases of boob sweat, yet we ordered our usual cutting chai.

I watched irritably as Roshni whipped out her phone and dialed Neel's number. When I said this was a secret it apparently meant that Neel had to be included too.

"Ok, can we please go somewhere else? I don't think I'm going to be able to finish telling you the entire story without either one shrieking." I begged, dragging her out of the crowded canteen.

"Ok Akira, stop ranting," Roshni said, just as the call connected, "Hello Neel? Where the hell are you? Akira's having a mid life crisis."

She narrowed her eyes as she listened to him, "What, no! She's not hurt. She'll explain everything."

I snatched the phone from Roshni's hand and shouted, "Neel just get your ass here."

"Ok woman, calm down. I'll be down in two minutes." He replied.

I disconnected the call without saying anything and handed the phone back to Roshni.

Neel met us near the amphitheater and we sat down. There weren't many people there at this time of the day and I was relieved.

The siblings trained their eyes on me expectantly.

Taking a deep breath, I started, "Vinay kissed me."

Done, I just put it out there. There was no point in beating around the bush.

"The fucker did what?" Neel clenched his fists, "Tell me he didn't force himself on you."

"No, of course he did not!" my eyes widened in alarm looking at Neel's aggressive stance.

"Oh my God! Did you hear that?" Roshni interjected, "My heart just broke."

"Shut up, Roshni!" I seethed.

"Fine, calm down. Stop blowing out steam like a raging bull," Roshni said calmly, "Just tell us everything."