Chapter Nineteen: New Bish

I need to drown
Girl when you around
Pour that Bobby Brown
Take it down
Yeah it's goin' down
Mayday, Mayday Ow!
Baby no
Oh, Baby no

I need a fixin'
But you been missin'
I'm in the kitchin'
Whippin'
I'm really whippin'
You're gonna miss it
Baby no
Oh, Baby no no no

-Tobi Lou (New Bish)

Kae:

I don't remember falling asleep, just that I was dozing off as I ran my hands through Andrei's hair in bed. He was lying beside me, our bodies close and touching. I couldn't help myself from touching him. His hair was really soft, my fingers ran through his strands with ease as his breathing began to even out. Seeing Andrei up-close like this was very intimate and personal it gave me butterflies in my stomach. As he slept, I traced the outline of his features, slowly caressing his jawline before moving upwards and tracing the bridge of his nose, I then moved down towards his lips. They were so soft and pink, I could feel the heat rising up against my cheeks as I remembered how they made me feel when they were on mine.

I even noticed the tiny freckles on his face, scattered around his cheeks and nose, they were barely noticeable but up-close you could really detail someone's face.

Last night, I wondered what I was doing staring at this man's face for what seemed like an hour, but I honestly had to say this was the first time I've really liked someone and had the opportunity to be this close to them. I had spent my teen years just trying to get through my schooling, boys were never really were the priority for me, but a lot of them had tried to court me. None of them had mattered much, except for this guy I had been friends with at the time.

His name was Daniel, I called him Danny for short.

He was my first kiss and would've been my first time, had it not been for Camden.

We shared similar interests in high school wanting to do something within the medical field, so we studied a lot. I could tell he wasn't like other girls that I went to school with, he was very book-heavy always had one in his face at school. A lot of guys liked to call him a "square" and talk down on him because he wasn't hood enough. I thought he was fine just the way he was, it was refreshing to see a boy that wasn't in a gang or wanting to participate in hood-related activities that could ultimately lead to his death or incarceration.

I still remembered what he looked like at the time, he was a few inches taller than me, his skin was golden-brown, his eyes were the same like a melting honey-pot. He wore glasses, had short curly hair, and a bright wide smile.

We were studying in my room one day, something that I had to plan very meticulously due to Camden's behavior. I never had people around the house, Danny was the first and only person who had passed that barrier. Both Daniel and I were studying for a Biology exam that was coming up pretty soon and it was a pretty big deal almost 40 percent of our grade, so we really wanted to pass and get a high grade.

I had been getting pretty nervous around the house due to Camden's increasing drinking habit, he would make slick comments as me as I walked around about my body such as my butt and breasts. At times, he would come over to where I was cooking and brush himself against me or even at his worst slap my ass. I had reprimanded him for it that one time and he slapped me for calling him out and told me not to tell my aunt about what happened; as scared I was of him at the time, I spoke nothing of it. Not like my aunt would've done anything about it, but hit me as well for perhaps "leading him on".