Chapter Seventy-Six: Neva Get Enuf

"Why every time I meet a guy who wants to try

To get my mathematics I deny
He wants to take me home, he's out of his mind
Will I ever meet someone for me

He's gotta be the one
That I'm daydreaming to spend my time with
He's gotta be the one
With no chicks attached and that's my man

To all my girls that dream know what I'm talkin' 'bout
The ones that makes us cling to the thoughts of love
He's so fresh, he's so clean, yes, I call and he
calls me too
That's why he's bad, my place, his pad, I could never
get enough."

-3LW ft. Lil' Wayne (Neva Get Enuf) 

Andrei:

"You...the new leader?" Kilee was the first one to speak as everyone processed the news on Irina now running the non-existent Bravata. Irina watched and took in all our reactions, smirking as if she were enjoying the attention she was receiving from our group.

"Yes me, dear. I mean who else would be able to do it?" Her eyes stopped back at her with a scrutinizing gaze, almost challenging her to say something against her.

Instead, Kilee laughed.

At first, it started off as a snort then, it quickly manifested into a fit of giggles before finally turning into a roaring laugh, one that was very contagious enough for the rest of the group to fall into as well. It wasn't long before the entire team was having the time of their lives mocking her and the claim to the Russian leadership. Irina's eyes widened in shock at the reaction she was receiving and immediately clenched her jaw. With a stomp of her heel, she ordered everyone to stop laughing at her. "Enough!" She shouted in dismay.

Nikita nudged me slightly, "This is by far the funniest joke I've heard all year and it isn't April." He muttered to me. I ignored his comment and focused my attention on Kae who hadn't changed the slightest since Irina's appearance. She hadn't laughed along with the girls, although she did seem amused by the announcement of her taking over the Bravata. Her face was almost as blank as a sheet of paper, unweathered by her news. I wondered to myself what she was thinking at this moment, but it was hard to tell. Would she have her killed? Irina was no longer pregnant therefore the girls would have no issue bringing her pain like they wish they could back when we were on a search mission for my sister.

"This isn't funny!" Irina huffed when she realized her shouting wasn't working.

"But it is to us!" Glasgow smirked once she had calmed down enough to speak.

Irina rolled her eyes, "You think this is a joke? But guess what? I will bring this organization back from its ashes and you will see... you will be trembling with fear to speak to me." She said with a serious tone, beside her Kirill nodded as if he were envisioning her power in his mind.

"Trembling with fear, huh?" Kae's voice spoke up causing everyone to turn in her direction.

Something about her voice just commanded respect and authority, something no one could speak over even when her voice was barely above a whisper. She slowly walked over to where Irina stood with a confident stride and head held high. "Tell me, Irina... just what about your pathetic attempt at re-creating something that has been ultimately been destroyed that will strike fear in my heart?" She stopped just shy of where she was standing, their faces so close Irinia refused to blink, worried she may do something to her.

"Cause I'll tell you something... nothing scares me. I've killed without a second thought, what makes you think I wouldn't do the same to you? It would mean nothing to me...." She smirked as she gauged her reaction slowly cracking under the pressure.