Chapter Eighty: Everything We Need

We began after the storm inside
Lay the land (Ah), it's just the morning light (Woo, woo)
Woo, woo, oh yeah

Woo-ooh, ooh-ooh
Switch your, switch your attitude
Go 'head, level up yourself
This that different latitude
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Life too short, go spoil yourself
Feel that feel, enjoy yourself 'cause

We have everything we need (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, oh)
We have everything we need (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, oh, oh)
We have everything we need (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, oh)
We have everything we need (Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, oh, woah)

-Kanye West feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Ant Clemons (Everything We Need)

Andrei:

What is a perfect life? Is it a big house with a white picket fence? A husband and wife? A dog... maybe two kids or more? Is it a stable 9-5 job where you live and breathe your companies' goals and mottos? Perhaps, it's one when you're following the rules of society down to the T....

I had pondered that question myself a thousand times as I stood under the shadow of my brother. I thought to myself, the life I'm living isn't perfect—far from it, but I would make that fantasy of perfection happen, no matter what. I would make that big house with the white picket fence, the husband and wife, two kids, and a dog happen. Maybe even find a stable job where I had to report to someone other than the Bravata. But then something happened to me.

I met Kae.

Somehow Riny Kae Tavana made all of those thoughts go away.

She made me realize, I didn't need all those things to have a "perfect" life. She was my perfect life, wherever she was it's given me that life I've always wanted. So, the answer to that question is, there is none. A perfect life is whatever you want it to be, however you create it, whatever makes you happy.

I knew it sounded corny to even think of saying something like that, but there was a reason why people constantly repeated it time and time again. I was a product of that cliché and maybe even my own personal horror movie turned romantic comedy. I was in bliss and it was all because of her.

Kae and I had spent the beginning of our honeymoon on Thai island Beijing and Glasgow had bought and it was an absolute heaven on earth. We spent it around close family and friends, smiling, laughing, and eating together; it was an experience like none other, one I would always keep engrained in my head. Of course, there were pictures I could hold onto as well, but nothing beat like being in the moment. When that time ended, Kae and I ventured out to our chosen hotspot destinations for the next five months. We spent a plentiful time in Zanzibar, exploring an African Safari in Zimbabwe, before making our way to a lovely private island in the Seychelles, and then stopping in Indonesia where Dubai showed us around her home country. It was lovely, the black-sand beach here was unreal, like something I had never seen before.

Kae and I found ourselves engaging in a lot of activities, she liked hiking, rock climbing, and all of those really extreme-style sports; she was really good at them, I found myself having to at times catch up with her because of how fast she would move. It was as if she feared nothing in life and by far the happiest I had ever seen her in my life.

It's like something in her had turned on, the light seemed to glow on her face radiating pure joy and wholeness... it's been a while since I had seen her like that. I got glimpses of that at our wedding and even sometimes when she looked at me, but it seemed this time it was on for good.

Despite all the fun we were having on our honeymoon, it was evident after a month and half of traveling that it was clear we weren't exactly cut out for the "simple" life we had always fantasized about when we were dating. This was fun, it really was, but we definitely have aspirations of our own, and of course now an entire organization to run alongside that. Mahid still needed help with his business that I did offer to help him with, Kae wanted to put some of her money into building medical clinics for women and children in various locations, it was something she was excited to work on with D.C. and Dubai; so, we were definitely taking things one step at a time.