Chapter Twenty-Five: Berlin/Westside

"Last night, forget the way we came
I start to think 'bout you, then wondered if I changed, but
I'm still me, just rearranged
Same two gold chains, dang, these old thangs

I want it cold on my wrist (Wrist), wrist (Wrist), wrist (Wrist)
I had to fuck up a check (Check), check (Check), check (Check)
I sent that bitch to the left (Left), left (Left), left (Left)
I had to give it a rest (Rest) I'd never settle for less (Less)
Uh-uh, I wanna fall (Fall)
Deeper than love (Love), deeper than y'all
How do you deal? Are you involved?
Just keep it real, you don't have to call."

-Tobi Lou (Berlin/Westside)

Kae: 

I ran my hands up and down his chest. Falling asleep and waking up with Andrei has probably been the highlight of my days for the past few weeks. Today would mark the end of our time in Miami, the heat was off the Bravata thankfully, so it was time to go back to Atlanta. Miami was fun, especially having Milena by my side as we took a lot of trips together in the gifted Ferraris. Although, Milena wasn't impressed much by the "half-assed" gift from her brother—her words, not mine.

Surprisingly, she didn't get caught that day she decided to stay over Angel's house, or maybe Andrei knew and just let her be since it was her birthday that day, either was I was blessed that I didn't have to be confronted or forced to lie to anyone to give Milena her couple of days of freedom.

Either way, I was in a state of bliss and I think a lot of it had to do with how intimate Andrei and I had been with each other on the regular. I had become addicted to his kisses, his touch, the way he just felt inside me was something beyond magical. But I had to play smart, I was a doctor after all, so it wasn't long before I was taking a trip to the doctor's office to request a birth control implant. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and it was serving me well. We were still being safe on top of that with condoms, but when the heat strikes you know....

"Do you even have a bedroom anymore?" I muttered as I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I could stay like this forever, but I knew that was nearly impossible because we all had to leave soon. I was going to miss the warm weather of Florida, but it was going warm in Atlanta now too.

Andrei chuckled, his eyes were still closed basking in our last private moments together. At least we made it last, our rampant lovemaking left us wanting to fall right back asleep again and forget all our responsibilities. It was easy to do that with Andrei. He's been nothing short of a romantic taking me on dates whenever he could. Picnics on the beach, hitting up the state fair, watching fireworks together. It was like something out of a cheesy romance novel, but I liked those things because I never experienced them myself.

Both Andrei and I were really good at keeping our relationship under wraps, I mean the only one who really knew about us being together was Milena, and she wasn't saying anything. So long as we kept her and Angel undercover as well. Andrei had given him the green-light, I guess he checked out in not posing a threat so he just let Milena be, but since she was coming back to Atlanta with us I was curious as to how she was going to make it work with him long-distance.

"No, I don't think so...this bed seems a lot more comfortable." Andrei turned both of us over so that he was laying on top of me. He pressed a light kiss against my lips before laying his head against my chest. I smiled and ran my hands through his hair as he laid against me in content.

"We have to go soon; didn't Alexei want to be in Atlanta by three?" I asked him.

Andrei grunted. "This inside mole thing is driving him crazy. He wants to get back so he can start firing people left and right." He muttered against my skin.