Chapter Fifty: Sometimes I Ignore You Too

"It do not matter, money got longer

But I sadder, I'm a disaster
Took a step back but, didn't go backwards
You on that bullshit, you on that bullshit
I am not Pampers (This shit is bananas)
I wanted things but they didn't happen

You think you make all the rules
That's why I call audibles
My insides are royal blue
Sometimes I ignore you too
'Cause you think you make all the rules
That's why I call audibles (I can't always be the fool)
My insides are royal blue
Sometimes I ignore you too

I wanna go and chill
I wanna go and chill."

-Tobi Lou (Sometimes I Ignore You Too)

Kae:

         "You need to rest." I looked up to see D.C. looking down at me sympathetically. It was probably the wee hours of the morning, I sent off most of the girls to my place to rest up until we figured out what our next move was going to be. I was still in the Atlanta mansion, knowing that the director would be here soon enough. It was standard protocol to reach out to her after the revelation of the terrorist organization being the culprits behind Milena's kidnapping.

            Istanbul and even Wayde were working on getting information about where those pigs were located and how quick we could create a kidnapping rescue plan, so as the command I wanted to stay and make sure she had everything she needed, she was such a hard worker and I admired her about that when she put her mind to the task, she didn't stop until she was fully through with it.

            "The director is going to be here soon, I need to be here when she arrives," I said.

            "Understandable...but we also need our command alert and ready when that time comes." She stated to me. I sighed deeply, D.C. was right, but at the same time I didn't want to allow myself to fall during weakness, during Devil's week in the Odyssey we only slept four hours for the entire week, one hour each day and the rest of the time we were doing PT; it wasn't like I couldn't do it again. 

            "Easier said than done." I shrugged.

            The makeshift HQ we had created was thankfully quiet, Alexei was gone—he left shortly after we informed that his sister was taken by a terrorist organization, I had no idea where he went but I didn't care. Nikita had left too for some rest and thankfully Irina had left as well, Andrei was the last to go, he wanted to stay but I advised him to get some rest as well, he was going to need it. When the director shows up she demanded 1,000 percent from everybody, even the ones not all involved.

            "Alright, then we can do it like old times.... back to back." She got on the floor and I followed suit placing my back against hers. I threw my rifle on to my lap and crossed my arms over my chest.

            It was silent between us, the most we could hear where the distant sounds of the birds beginning to chirp signaling that morning time was coming pretty soon and Istanbul typing on her laptop. I closed my eyes after a little letting the heaviness set in, that was until D.C. spoke up.

            "I'm sorry about putting a gun at Alexei.... but honestly I would do it again." She said truthfully.

            "I know," I replied to her.

            She cleared her throat, "You're not mad?" She asked me curiously.

            "No...I understand. I would have done the same for you if the roles were reversed." I said my eyes still shut as I continued to speak to her. I understood where Kilee's frustration came from, we were supposed to be a group protecting each other, to have a threat like Alexei in the same room as all of us almost seemed like an impurity that needed to be cleansed.