Chapter Fifty-Six: Touch

"There's a love between us still

But something's changed and I don't know why
And all I want to do is go home with you
But I know I'm out of my mind

I want to touch you but I'm too late
I want to touch you but there's history
I can't believe that it's been three years
Now when I see you, it's so bittersweet."

-Shura (Touch)

Kae:

"Welcome back to my palace, Kae!" The sound of her voice echoed the golden palace sounding like wind chimes floating in the wind out on a porch on a summer afternoon. I slowly approached her throne as she watched me steadily, her eyes sparkling like the shiniest crystals one has ever seen; I wanted to touch them so badly. My feet continued to lead me to her unprovoked until I was right in front of her, she was smiling at me widely...everything about her seemed so pure and magical.

She raised her ring-filled hand to me and I took it without hesitation, placing my lips against the cold stone in a respectful manner; I was not worthy to be in her presence, she was too precious. I finally let go of her hand long enough for her to gesture for me to stand beside her on the throne.

I nodded and followed direction.

It was silent for a moment, Royal Kae's eyes scanned over her kingdom and I watched in amazement at all the beauty, the lush greenery, the flowers, the animals, the skies.... Everything just seemed together here. Imagine a world actually like this, it would be unreal.

I turned to my side and noticed the golden tray of fruits. I quickly picked it up and began feeding Royal Kae her fruits. She turned to me slightly just long enough for me to put a strawberry in her mouth.

She finished chewing before speaking, "Thank You." She crossed her leg over the other.

Royal Kae was so feminine.

Part of me wished I could be like her, to gain that sense of me back.

"Something is different about you." She said after I fed her a small vine of green grapes.

I looked at her curiously, "There is?" I questioned her.

She nodded, her eyes still unable to focus on me, she was more preoccupied with her kingdom today. I couldn't blame her, I would spend all my time staring at it, if I weren't feeding her grapes.

"What is it?" I found myself asking her curiously.

Royal Kae slowly turned to me, her head cocking to the side. "You've reconnected with your physical self...that is quite an accomplishment." She beamed at me and I returned the smile, glad there was something she saw something in me, it was an honor being praised by her.

"I made love to Andrei." I found myself saying.

She continued looking at me with a smile. "How did that make you feel?" She inquired.

I smiled intensely, "I was scared at first...nervous, but I remembered all the times I was with him before and how I always felt safe with him then I started feeling better." I said to her.

Royal Kae returned to looking out at the kingdom, I fed her some fruits.

"That's good. It's important to remember the mind and body are always interconnected. The mind is a very powerful thing and can influence the body, you're doing a lot better than a few years ago...this place was nothing more than a wasted land, everything withering away." She explained to me.