Chapter Seventy-Five: Slow It Down

"Now she rollin that and whippin' her hair

Slow motion with it while everyone stares
You can see her ass from the side of her like
Back and forth, forth and back
Show me what they do to that
Always with ya baby Ill never sell out
Them other niggas had to do a dance record
All the label wouldn't put em out
Ill never put a million records before you
Just keep on doing that thing you do

I'm here to see that thing pop
I'm here to see that thing rock
I'm here to see you pick it up and let it drop
She backin' it up on me, DJ you know you wrong
Enough with the mothafuckin dance songs."

-The Dream ft. Fabolous (Slow It Down)

Omid:

"So.... what do you think?" I held my breath as I gauged Hazel's reaction. She had fallen silent her eyes scanning the entirety of her apartment with a wide-gaze unsure of how to convey her emotions. I had the apartment slightly decorated with flower petals scattered all over the floors, a few balloons, a bottle of wine, and some of her favorite music playing in the background to add to the atmosphere.

"How did..." Hazel turned to me, "How did you even get in here to...." Her eyes lit up as she answered her own question. "The girls." She finished.

I smirked, "They are quite helpful with these kinds of things... especially Sabien." I said to her.

She turned back around continuing to walk in as she admired the change in her apartment. "It's beautiful... that last time you did something like this I was—."

"Pregnant?" I finished for her.

She nodded silently. "Yeah..." She trailed off. I cleared my throat, "How about you have a seat while and look at your gifts? I left them on your counter table... I'll pour us a glass of wine." I suggested to her. She turned to me again and gave me a soft smile, "I wonder what you have under your sleeve again." She scurried over to the coffee table excitedly to retrieve her gifts. I laughed to myself she always loved getting gifts which was why I tended to shower her with them whenever I could.

I got the bottle of vintage red opened and poured us both a glass before making my way over to her couch where she was sitting unboxing her gifts. I set her glass down on the coffee table since her hands were full pulling off the ribbons, I watched her as she took out her first gift.

"Ohhh.... Chanel." She smiled widely as she twirled her brand-new purse in her hands.

"You like it?" I asked her.

She nodded quickly, "You're going to make all my girlfriends jealous." She giggled as she opened a few more boxes that featured some clothing and shoes to go with these items. I took another sip from my glass and watched as she reached over for the jewelry boxes. "And what is this.... Van Cleef and Arpels?" She muttered to herself as she unwrapped the packaging before opening the box.

I watched as she gasped. "Omid...." Her fingers traced over the white gold and diamond set of necklace, bracelet, and earrings. They all had the lotus flower on it encased in sparkling diamonds, it was a little something I would buy for her while I was in New York; I'm sure it would look stunning on her, everything did.

She turned to me, "Omid... you have already given me a lot, this probably cost a fortune!" She said as her eyes turned back to the jewels. "Wow." She muttered to herself. I chuckled, "You act as if I hadn't just spent a small fortune on our daughter's wedding dress... Hazel this is not hurting me, trust and believe." I replied to her.