Chapter Seventy-Two: Oh Honey

"When I get lost, feel I've been crossed

She will be my salvation
When I feel low, I've nowhere to go
She'll be my inspiration
Yeah, when my poor heart is breakin' apart
She'll pout it back together
She ain't the kind to show off her mind
But talkin' of love she's clever, yeah

Oh, honey (Oh, honey)

She rarely spends time with her friends
Tells me she's blue without me
When things go wrong her faith is strong
I know she'll never doubt me."

-Delegation (Oh Honey)

Kae:

I knocked on the door of my mother's suite softly, I knew she was in there I could hear her sniffling through the other side. I knocked again and she finally told me to come in. I slowly pushed the door open and slid inside, shutting it behind me. My mother was sitting on the side of her bed wiping her tears with tissues, she cleared her throat as she heard my footsteps approaching her.

"Riny... you didn't have to come to see me, I'll be fine... just a little embarrassed." She said waving her hands in an attempt to cover her face. I empathized with her, that feeling of being alone, the shame, the embarrassment. I too had once been in something similar to that and I was able to grow in my confidence and become the person that I am now; so, I could only imagine how my mother felt having her past be thrown in her face like that when she was doing everything in her power to make it right again.

"You don't have to be ashamed about what Roya said to you, she's scum and thinks she's untouchable because of her affiliation with dad," I said as I took a seat beside her. My mother looked up to me, her eyes seeming a bit red and puffy from the crying she had been doing, she sniffled a little. "Your so kind to me, honestly I really don't feel like I deserve it." She cleared her throat again.

"I feel really out of my element here, just by the lifestyle. I'm not used to it and I feel like I'm intruding in some way. Maybe it was best that I didn't come here... or at least not at this time when all of this is happening." She said waving her hands around in an indication of the scenario we were in.

"Mom, you did what you felt was right at the moment, you couldn't predict that dad was engaged to a hysterical banshee that was hungry for his money," I said to her. Before she could say anything back to me, the door to her room slightly creaked and opened, Sabien popped her head in. "Knock. Knock." She said as she entered fully closing the door behind her. We watched as Sabien walked over and took a seat on the other side of our mother giving her a reassuring hand.

"Roya's being taken to the hospital if you wanted to know, Riny," Sabien informed me.

"I didn't actually," I replied to her.

She sighed deeply.

"Wait, hospital... what happened?" She asked her eyes widening in surprise.

"I shot her," I stated simply.

My mother chuckled as if I were joking, "Really... that happened did she have a mental breakdown of some sort?" She questioned both of us. I cocked my head to the side, "No. I shot her." I said once more. My mother gave me an odd look, "What do you mean you shot her?" She inquired.

I pulled out my pistol and my mother's eyes grew bigger when as my statement finally clicked.

"Oh my God! Did you kill her?" My mother asked looking scared at the moment by the gun I had in my hand, I put it away keeping it from sight. "No... that would be traumatizing for the guests... I shot her in the leg as a warning. It's unacceptable to disrespect a command if I hadn't done anything Izna probably would have." I explained to her.