Chapter Seventy-Eight: Get Up And Get It

"It's all about money ain't nobody frontin'

I gotta go get it we gotta survive
Whether it's workin' a nine-to-five
Or ridin' the hustle I gotta get mine, bottom line
Most of my time I'm out here puttin' in work
For all of my days that I run this earth
I'ma make it count for what it's worth
You never know about this life and the type of pain that it can bring
That's why you gotta get off of you're thing cuz it ain't no dream and it
ain't no game
We so serious, dogg you know it don't stop
I know time is the devil's workshop

Anything you want, anything you need
You gotta get it, yeah and go get it
Ain't comin' to you, you gotta put in your dues
Show the world that you can do it
Don't let nobody hold you back
So you betta get your hustle on
Baby betta get your hustle on
You betta." 

-Bone Thugs-N-Harmony ft. 3LW (Get Up and Get it) 

Andrei:

I didn't expect I'd be spending the rest of the joint bachelor-bachelorette party in the hallway patiently waiting for hours in hopes that the surgery Kae was conducting on her mother was a success. It was crazy how quickly things went from being good to immediately hitting the fan in a matter of minutes; it was supposed to be a fun and relaxing evening and now everyone was on edge due to Omid's former fiancée and her child. Things moved so quickly, I almost fathomed if I had caught anything myself, one-minute Roya and Hazel were shaking hands amicably, the next she was on the ground with a bullet to the chest.

Essentially the house had a security miscommunication, Roya and Ettie were checked as they normally would—as outside guests and they were cleared with no weapons found on them. The issue came when the hostess was guiding them to where everyone was outside, but Roya had excused herself to the restroom; the footage on the cameras within the house revealed to me that she went to an adjacent room where one of the emergency guns that was stored around the house was located and stuffed it into her purse after figuring out how to take it off safety.

I put two and two together and noted that she was aware of that gun's location because she spent a lot of time in the room when she used to stay here, having been together with Omid then. She must have stumbled upon it randomly one day and took note of its location if she ever needed it. It was a foolish mistake since she had no idea how to use a gun apart from taking it off of safety. It wasn't as easy as it looked to handle a gun, you had to train yourself to make your target, no doubt someone as untrained as Roya fired the gun aimlessly in her mother's direction was met with failure.

Regardless, Roya and her daughter had been detained and were no waiting on the verdict of the surgery to determine their faith. Although, I highly doubt after this incident anyone would agree that her being alive was positive; I wasn't sure about her daughter and how they were going to deal with her.

I hoped everything was going well in there, I had hope. Kae had taken care of so much of our men when we were still in the Bravata; she was a miracle worker, bringing dead men to life. She had a talent for that kind of stuff, Nikita was living proof of that. But with things like surgery, you never knew how it could go and that's what worried me. In the hallway, there weren't many people besides Nikita, Beijing, and D.C. both of them holding assault rifles, the other girls were securing the rest of the house to ensure no other breaches were made under the director's orders, then, of course, there was Omid who was sitting, not a word had come from his mouth since the incident had occurred. His face bore no emotion, simply emptiness and that in itself was very alarming. I was afraid to go up and talk to him in fear of what he might do to me so I stayed where I was standing, patiently waiting.