001.

001. dance until you realise you fucked up 

BARBIE ALLEN honestly hated her nickname. it was the shittiest thing to exist and be known to man and woman. i mean, who wants to be called 'barbie' on a daily basis? and that literally wasn't the worst bit. the worst bit was the fact it was so ironic for her parentage. she was a daughter of aphrodite, loved pink, and generally dressed like a 'girly girl'.

and she hated it.

because that wasn't what she was at all. people glance at her and she knows their first thought is she couldn't survive a day in a quest. they look at her and they think the only power she has is her charmspeak. they look at her and don't think she could hurt a fly with her dagger. they look at her, and see a plastic barbie doll. fake and unoriginal, another aphrodite kid.

barbie hated it. she hated all those comments.

aphrodite kids got so much shit already that those comments made her bubble with rage. when people look at her, they only look. they don't look further. most people don't bother to find out who she is, or that she's not just the daughter of aphrodite. most people don't see the fact she wasn't just silena's helping hand. most didn't see her as a threat, somebody who could take down a monster.

those people who didn't see her as more, they were wrong.

she was barbara allen. daughter of aphrodite. good with a dagger. and she wasn't about to let anybody tell her what she could or couldn't do. she wasn't just some pretty face who you could look at. and maybe a few people understood.

but it was just her luck that one of the few people would go missing. i guess we should start at the day annabeth chase got taken. the day barbie's life turned slightly. the day she truly realised percy jackson was a fucking dork.

barbie allen knew a lot of people at camp half-blood. contrary to weir belief she wasn't some phoney bitch who scoffed at everybody who walked past her. she actually had friends and knew people. she was at least acquaintances with everybody at camp. sending them a smile as she walked past to go get some extra training, or helping them with their outfits (because if they were going to give her a stereotype she might as well follow through with some of it).

barbie understood a lot of things about camp. like how you shouldn't annoy the stoll kids or they might slip blue hair dye into your shampoo (it happened once to her, safe to say it won't happen again, the stoll brothers are still too scared). she knew the athena cabin were scared shitless of spiders and if you even mentioned the 'damned creature from tartatus' then you'd probably find yourself doing extra research after monster classes because you 'lost' your work sheet.

she knew a lot of things about camp, comes with the fact she'd been at camp for around six years or so.

but one thing barbie didn't understand was percy jackson. when she first saw him, he seemed like a cool person. she definitely misjudged his character. because the second he got back after his quest and she tried to congratulate him, he ignored her.

what a bitch.

and yeah, she didn't understand the hype around him at all. he was the son of poseidon, a child of the big three, big deal. and yet, this kid still complained whenever a monster just seemed to randomly attack him? barbie would kill for the chance to take on a minotaur, or even a hellhound.

she wasn't even allowed out much of the camp, only going on out certain times for missions, or something similar like that. normal people went out of camp to visit family, but that was a whole other story for barbie (because safe to say, she and her dad were not on speaking terms).