002.

「002. dysfunctional demigod families at their finest」

BARBIE LAUGHED as percy freaked out over mrs o'leary, the hellhound most were afraid of. she shrugged, simply walking over to the hellhound, the sun beating down making her thankful her outfit was mostly just the camp t-shirt and a royal blue athletic set of leggings that matched perfectly. she walked over to the hellhound and hugged a part of it's head, grinning brightly.

"how can you... it's not dangerous?" called percy from behind her.

she rolled her eyes and turned to percy, "oh yes, it's so dangerous. it's exactly why i'm coming up to the hellhound and huggin- of course it's not dangerous you dumbass! have you lost even more brain cells since last summer?"

"have you grown more sass since last summer?" he countered, raising an eyebrow at her and sending a cheeky grin.

"you asshole," she scoffed, not being able to help herself but smile slightly.

"seems like you haven't lost your fire," he mused, walking up to her, "so what's the hellhounds name?"

"mrs o'leary," she explained, "and she's the cutest thing on earth, aren't you, girl?" she cooed.

mrs o'leary yapped happily and barbie squealed again making percy smile at the excited redhead. he hadn't seen her this happy for a long time. she'd felt guilty about the death of her friends on the last quest and had been quite solemn until they arrived back at camp. but after a while, she had gotten over it and she was all happy and smiley.

"woah girl! not for you!" cried the new swordsman trainer, quintus.

the two peered over at the crates and with some difficulty they managed to read them.

"triple g.... damage? maiming?... excruciatingly painful death-" muttered percy.

"uh sir," spoke barbie to the new swordsman, "what are these for?"

"a little surprise," spoke the swordsman with a grin, "training activity for tomorrow night, you're gonna love it."

barbie and percy shot each other looks, they didn't know what they were 'gonna love' about maiming and excruciatingly painful death. barbie looked at the man curiously.

quintus threw a shield and mrs o'leary ran after it with happy yips. her turned back to the two of them and spoke with an amused face, "you young ones need a challenge, they didn't have camps like this when i was a boy."

"you're a half-blood?" spoke percy in amazement and barbie tried not to feel second-hand embarrassment for percy.

quintus chuckled at his amazement, "some of us do survive into adulthood, you know. not all of us are subjected of a terrible prophecy."

"you know about the prophecy?" asked barbie in confusion. the last she remembered annabeth and chiron were the only ones who knew about the prophecy. barbie had heard a bit of it, mainly the start, but judging by the face quintus made, he looked like he knew the whole thing.

"i've heard a few things," spoke quintus lightly.

barbie frowned at him, this guy was so confusing.

"oh there you are percy!"

chiron entered the arena with a smile as he looked at the both of them, "oh good! barbara is here too!"

he finally realised quintus there and sai din a light tone, "i see you have met out new swordsman trainer, quintus. come, you two, we have much to discuss. quintus do you mind if i borrow both of them?"