018.

「018. ms garcia, the iconic legend 」

WHEN THEY arrived back at camp, they were met with cheers. for the next few weeks, they celebrated perfectly fine. and on the day of christmas morning, four kids stepped out of camp. valentino, babrie's younger brother by a week, had requested more friends to come and celebrate with ms garcia and chiron had actually agreed.

the four of them walked down the block of ms garcia's.

"so nico," said valentino, "the short ten-year-old, he's actually a son of hades?"

"yeah," nodded percy, "i... he kind of ran away? he spawned some skeletons too."

"what is this?" scoffed barbie, "minecraft?"

valentino snorted from beside her and annbeth looked at her from beside percy. they continued to walk until they reached a door that had the number 'twenty-three'.

"ok," said valentino, looking between the three of them, "I have no idea why barbie brought you guys-"

"-gee, thanks man," commented percy.

"but just be prepared," stated valentino, "my ma can get excited by new people. she... yeah... it's ok. just... i hope none of you have been eating much."

"why would we-?" asked annabeth as she put the bottled water back into her backpack, "oh... percy remember that-"

"ah shit," mumbled percy, "i regret eating that blue cookie... or, the whole package-"

"you ate all of your moms cookies and didn't give any to me?" asked annabeth, looking at percy with wide eyes as she pushed away the grey strand of hair both her and percy had, "what an asshole. you can't trust people."

barbie watched as the two of them snickered amongst themselves, "ok. anyway. val, the honours?"

"right," nodded valentino, who knocked on the door.

it took only a matter of seconds before a very petite woman with wide hips and a floral dress opened the door. she had the same honey eyes and she let out a smile and an excited squeal.

"feliz navidad mi niño!" squealed ms garcia before she saw the three figures behind him, "ah! is that mi barbie? ah! come here!"

she let her arms spread out, hugging valentino first and gushing about how tall he was before she  rushed out of the door and ran to barbie. she was a very short woman, so she only really reached to barbie's shoulders.

ms garcia grabbed both her cheeks and pulled her down to inspect her, "ah you've gotten so pretty! stop growing!"

"hi ms garcia," she laughed hugging the shorter woman back.

ms garcia let go of the redhead who was bundled up and turned to the two other figures who were carrying gifts and awkwardly smiling.

"and who are these gorgeous people?" asked ms garcia, looking at valentino expectantly ith her hands on her hips, "hm?"

"uh, ma, this is annabeth and percy. my friends-"

"-are any of you dating mi niño, hm?" cut in ms garcia, "you know there was this one boy who tried to-"

"ma," whined valentino, "they're just friends, c'mon we're trying to give you gifts!"

"are they..." began ms garcia, looking to barbie and valentino, "are they, you know-"

"yeah," nodded barbie, "they're demigods, daughter of athena and son of poseidon-"

"is that the one who you hated so much? hm? she's basically my daughter, you know-"

"-ma can we just go in?" whined valentino.

safe to say christmas day at ms garcia's home was amazing. she'd never seen annabeth start crying when she was laughing, but it happened. barbie was reduced to wheezing, her face red with laughter and percy looked like he was going to die of laughter whilst valentino sat there very uncomfortable at the fact ms garcia was showing baby photos.

they returned to camp that night with smiling faces, most of them setting the fact nico was a son of hades to the back of their mind as they all split off back to their cabins. valentino had raced ahead, suddenly remembering he had to give his present to nessa, the youngest aphrodite sibling. annabeth walked off shortly, claiming she needed to go to her siblings for some errand even if it was nearly nine at night.

barbie and percy walked next to each other in the night time, coming closer to the cabins. she pushed back a strand of her hair and pulled her coat tighter around her, "hey... you know after the quest," she said, "i...you're not that bad, water boy."

"no 'dumbass', really?" asked percy, with a raised brow, "really? we're being serious."

"uh-huh," she nodded, "i really am. seriously. i.." she sighed, smiling slightly, "I hate myself for making this awkward. but, friends?"

"i thought we already were?"

"oh shit, have i made this awkward?"

"a bit," snorted percy, "but... yeah, friends."

there was silence for a moment before percy added with a teasing smile, "but i'm still calling you barbie doll."

she sighed, shkaing her head, "that's not going away, is it?"

"never."

"well then, guess water boy is sticking too."

"your's is more unoriginal," commented percy.

"your face is unoriginal," countered barbie.

rosie speaks!

and that's act one! ok so it's hella short and
really just an extra scene. but i love it. we see more
of val and ms garcia.

word count:  870 words