005.

005. thalia grace can't drive and barbie's eyes are weird

THALIA WASN'T cut out to be a driver. let's get that settled. she may have been the oldest of the group, soon turning sixteen, but she defiantly wasn't the most eligible drive a bus. barbie was pretty sure a toddler could have driven better than her. they were up so high and thalia looked like she was about to faint of fear at any given moment. and apollo didn't do anything about it.

barbie was gripping onto her seat, trying to keep herself in her seat.

that didn't work by the way.

thalia had jerked left too quickly and sent percy and barbie flying straight into grover. barbie let out a yelp before she screeched, "thalia have you ever driven before? or... even, i don't know, seen anybody drive?"

"uh, no!" she shouted back, "bu- ah shit! but there's a first time for everything, right?"

"not for driving a fucking car!" yelled percy, gripping onto grover, "you're sending us back and forth like a pinball machine!"

"you try driving when you've never done it before," screeched thalia to percy, "see how you like it!"

"this is so fun!" squealed nico, bouncing around like a rubber ball, seeming to have a better time than the rest of them.

"you're doing great thalia!" said apollo loudly, trying to shout over the screams of barbie, percy and grover.

"take the wheel!" shouted grover over barbie's loud cursing and percy's screeches.

"do you want us to die?" screeched barbie, as she slammed into the side of the bus, "because i'm pretty sure we're going to!"

"no worries!" shouted back apollo, "she just has to learn to- woah!"

barbie rammed into percy as thalia tuned again and then back into her seat. she peered downwards and saw... fire.

holy hades, she thought, th-that's new england.

the snow that had once been there, had thawed away due to the sheer heat of the bus and small puffs of smoke were rising and a blazing fire grew bigger below them.

"i'm under control," repeated thalia as she gripped the wheel and sent the group into the lake near camp half-blood making barbie scream, gripping onto anything she could find to try stabilize herself.

"you were right my dear! you had everything under control," spoke apollo with a grin, "let's see if we boiled anybody important, shall we?"

barbie stumbled out of the bus, her expression could only be described as shock and annoyance. she pushed her messy hair back and muttered, "that was not under fucking control."

"we're never letting you drive again," said percy, "i mean, ever."

"agreed," mumbled grover.

grover had basically forced himself to be the tour guides for the hunters of artemis. apollo had said his goodbyes. everything was back to normal.

except it wasn't. barbie's head was still killing her, she was sad, tired, and ready to jump into bed. maybe hug her siblings. maybe have a group hug. she didn't care. she just wanted some kind of warmth. a shower would be good too.

she touched her hair, it was a mess and when she looked down to her hands, her nails were chipped (even though they hadn't been before the bus ride) and all her clothes were basically ruined. her cheeks were still puffy, her eyes were probably red and she was fucking cold.