015.

015. meet your in-laws with a bonus of mortal compasses (not moral)

WHEN BARBIE says she was panicking. she means she was panicking. she'd never properly met percy's mom, also known as mrs jackson. annabeth said she was a total sweetheart. but barbie wasn't so sure of it. she'd only ever met ms garcia. but even then, she immediately bonded mainly because val and barbie were related. she woke up early the next morning, making sure she actually looked presentable. because if she was going to see mrs jackson and stress herself out, and then get herself all jealous and angsty when meeting a certain rachel elizabeth dare (because apparently her middle name was so important) then she was going to do it with style.

she bunched up her hair, looking at herself in the mirror, tilting her head from side to side. was the ponytail a good look? she used her other hand and twirled her hair and then grabbed it, making a thinking face at the top bun. she shook her head, before she left her hair (that had been curled by accident due to the fact she slept in loose braids) on her shoulders and simply put on a bit a lip gloss (no other makeup. shocker, i know) before she grabbed a few clothes which weren't too flashy, but just enough flashy for her.

she inspected herself finally in the mirror once more, nice graphic t-shirt (sailor moon. val was way too obsessed with it. which meant barbie was forced to watch it whenever she went to the garcia's. and... yeah, she liked it. a lot.) and a cute pair of mom jeans along with some semi-nice sneakers. probably not the best thing to wear as they'd be going into the labyrinth afterwards, but she'd prayed to her mom the night before to charm her clothes to be indestructible (and yeah, her mom had granted it. she had a suspicion it wasn't because she wasn't happy with her mom after the whole 'marooned' situation). which basically meant she was safe from potentially ripping the only sailor moon graphic t-shirt she had. because gods forbid she even damaged sailor moons 'perfect fucking face' or sailor jupiters 'iconic fucking hair'. val would most likely kill her.

jerald, you still have my supplies? right? asked barbie to her mist friend.

yup! i got you, responded jerald, and barbie could tell by her otne of voice she was grinning, let's go meet your mother-in-law!

jerald i swear to the gods-

there was a knock at her door. and she didn't get to finish her train of thought. she jumped slightly, looking to the doo,r her cabin mates complaining she was up too early.

"shut that noise up!" groaned drew, her silk eye mask making her look amusing as she complained in a faint voice.

"shut it up," groaned val, twisting so his pillow was over his ears before he let out another frustrated noise.

"where are my crayons?" called nessa, which finally shook barbie out of her amusement.

"getting the door," she quickly rushed, grabbing her glow flower and quickly snapping her fingers, letting the flower pot float behind her, glowing brightly after percy had given her a vial of salt water the night before.

she rushed to the door, jumping strategically over the pillows that had been thrown at the source of noise (which was either her or the knocking) and opened it in a hurry, her hair flying over parts of her face.

"percy," she greeted.

and then suddenly all of her siblings were up. funny how that works.

"percy's here?" called nessa, "does he have anything for me?"

"nessa don't get greedy," scolded silena, "but percy's here? how's our loverb-"

"silena!" coughed barbie, before she said with barred teeth, "lets. not."