008.

「008. when in doubt, throw astronaut food 」

BARBIE ALLEN would like to congratulate those who have the nerve and courage to wake up early in the morning, because she certainly didn't. but somehow, she had managed to wake up that morning around an hour before they had to set off for their quest. her hair had been freshly washed as of last night was tied into a high ponytail, swinging gently as she moved around her cabin. she quickly went to the bathrooms to change, stepping out wearing a plain white t-shirt along with some warm yoga pants and a sweatshirt tied around her waist. 

she quickly double-checked she had everything she needed. the usual medicinal things and a spare change of clothes. she looked to her makeup bag for a moment before deciding against wearing any. but then... nope. she grabbed a small squeezy bottle that was full of a clear lipgloss and shoved it in her bag. if she was going to the wilderness and was going to fight some monsters, you can best bet she was going to do it in style.

she grabbed her sunglasses and placed them on her nose before she slung her backpack over her shoulders, taking on last look at her cabin before walking out of the door, heading to meet with the rest of the group

"what didst thee pack?" asked zoë, as if she didn't trust barbie's common sense.

"oh you know," responded barbie innocently, "lipgloss, pedicure set, guicci, i think i have some nice designer branded clothing in there too... that is what you pack for a quest, right?"

zoë gave her a look of horror and barbie had to look away before she ruined her act and started laughing, "why wouldst thee pack such things?"

thalia snorted as she walked back to them after hearing their conversation, "she's just messing around. but seriously, what did you pack?"

"the usual," she shrugged, "spare clothes, medicine stuff, money... stuff like that. i'm not that dumb, zoë."

"see," pointed thalia, "she's smart."

"but," admitted barbie, "i did actually pack lipgloss. because if we're going to kick ass, i don't know about you guys, but i'm going to do it with style."

barbie was a bit apprehensive to step foot into the white van. but seeing as zoë was driving and not thalia, she was a bit more leanient to the idea. whilst thalia sat in the front next to zoë (barbie already had to make thalia mute herself with charmspeak due to the number of petty arguments) and grover, bianca and her sat in the back. she did remember another hunter who was supposed to come, but she got poisoned by some kind of centaur blood last minute, and they had to go without her.

"so how long have you been at camp half-blood?" asked bianca curiously, looking to barbie, tilting her head slightly, "and what's with the necklace."

barbie looked down to her necklace and then back up to bianca, "around six years or something. it'll be my sixth year here at the end of summer."

"really?" asked bianca, "how do your parents allow you to stay here?"

barbie tried to control herself, bianca didn't know about her family situation so she breathed out calmly and responded, "simple. they... well, he, doesn't."