013.

013. travel until you go to a dam and run from bones

WHEN IN mourning, find a tow-truck with fuel and decide to 'temporarily borrow' it for a while. the drive was silent. thalia (who promised she could drive well on the road) drove with a blank stare, not moving her sights from the road. zoë was in the shotgun seat whilst grover, percy and barbie were in the back listening to percy's weird hero complex which she still couldn't get a grip of. she understood everybody had fatal flaws, but sadly, bianca was gone. but they couldn't exactly do anything about that. when people try to bring people back from the underworld, it doesn't always work out.

"it should have been me," he mumbled, "i should have-"

"stop saying that," she snapped, a frown set on her face, "fate can't be meddled with. and none of us wanted bianca to die."

"we already lost annabeth and now bianca," sniffled grover, looking like he might burst into tears at any moment, "do you think i want to loose anybody else, man?"

percy's frown softened as he stared at grover, suddenly realising what he'd said as he quickly rushed out, "oh man, i'm sorry..."

the rest of the ride was silent as barbie thought about what had happened and the harsh reality of their situation. she came on this quest to prove herself, to prove she was stronger then people perceived her to be. to bring honour to the aphrodite cabin, to show they weren't just a bunch of pretty faces. all of her siblings were strong in some way, even if they didn't show it. she wanted to be the one to represent those who couldn't in her cabin. those who felt pressured to conform to the stereotype of the aphrodite cabin.

because they didn't. they were more than a bunch of pretty faces.

but as she sat in the truck, she shifted uncomfortably. she was meant to be fearless, show how strong aphrodite's children were. she always told herself she wasn't weak, she was strong.

but as she sat there, she felt like a liar telling herself that. because she wasn't fearless, nobody was. and that's what scared her. to be honest, the further they got with the quest, the more scared she was. and maybe that was what she was afraid of admitting to herself, that she was scared.

no, scratch that.

she was fucking petriefied.

bianca di angelo had just died. and the prophecy said that two would die, which meant even more deaths. quests weren't all sunshine and daisies like she wanted them to be, they were brutal. and she didn't know what to do anymore. her whole life at camp half-blood was training for a quest. but now that she finally got one she felt as if she didn't know who she was anymore.

barbie allen was known for always wanting a quest.

it seemed her whole personality was just wanting a quest. she didn't know who she was anymore. and that scared her too. all she was now was a girl who'd seen death and somebody who had weird powers.

somebody who was afraid.

"can your powers conjure fuel?" asked percy to barbie as they looked at the dead-end to the road.

thalia stepped out and slammed the door on the truck and a tire burst.

"don't suppose you could conjure a tire too?"

"uh.... i haven't got good control yet, and i'm not feeling that charged.. but i can try," she spoke.

she closed her eyes tightly and began to think about all of the things that had happened. percy and her became friends, that made her happy. bianca di angelo died, that made her sad. the giant cutting her hair, that made her ang- you know what? she was over it.