007.

「007. here's a summary, hera's a bitch 」

BARBE GENUINELY was very surprised when they didn't get lost almost immediately. because if she was being plainly honest, she had absaloutly no hope for them. none. granted, ananebth was extremely smart, grover was a nervous satyr that would shit his pants at any moment, tyson was being... tyson and percy jackson was for some reason very attractive.

but despite her sudden and (kind of welcomed) infatuation with one of her best friends. she had very little hope for them in the maze. and she made that explicitly clear the moment they were in the maze.

"we're going to get lost," she announced as jerald hovered with the pink mist that was carrying the glow flower, "it's just a given."

"alright, ms pessimist," countered percy, "cool it."

"why don't you, asshat?" she challenged, their usual antics feeling weird to barbie.

"ooh," mocked percy playfully as they walked silently, "look at you, pulling out the big guns so early. what's going to happen within an hour, huh?"

"shut up, jackass," she grumbled, "seriously can i- i hate you sometimes."

"no you don't," supplied percy

you're right, she thought to herself, i really don't.

the tunnels looked like nothing barbie and percy had seen before and annabeth seemed to be very frustrated by the whole place.

"it's perfectly made," she grumbled, "but i fucking hate it."

"ooh, she's swearing," mused barbie, "she's pissed."

"shut up," mumbled annabeth as they continued to walk.

"i hate this," mumbled percy with a pout as he looked around.

"me and you both, water boy."

"would it kill you to call me percy?"

"quite possibly, and anyway your quite the hypocrite yourself- you call me barbie doll."

"it's better than barbara-"

"both of you be quiet bro, you're giving me bad vibes!" said grover as he let out a quiet yelp.

barbie and percy stared at each other, having a silent conversation before they shrugged and walked onwards in silence.

they'd walked around thirty meters in total from the start of their quest until now. and they could all officially say they were lost.  annabeth tried to keep the morale up saying she knew how to guide them. she had this relatively good idea that they stick to the left wall.

"if we keep to one side and have our left hand on the wall, then we will always be able to retrace our steps."

unfortunately, as soon as she said this, the left wall disappeared and barbie yelped out of surprise, "these damn rocky bastards."

percy held back a snort as he looked at barbie. they stood in the middle of a room with around eight tunnels leading out. and they had no idea which one to take. honestly, this whole thing was stressing barbie out and it felt like she'd only been in the maze for around a minute.