012.

012. monsters give shit haircuts and are just assholes in general

THEY WERE kind of friends now. as in, they probably wouldn't snap the neck of the other. and barbie probably wouldn't shout at him a lot anymore. as they arrived, they still weren't looking at each other in the eye and it was silent. she guessed their friends (well... mostly friends) were waiting for one of them to snap at the other.

"so..." spoke bianca, "what did she want with you?"

"talked to me about... some stuff to do with my powers," mumbled barbie, "and nothing else."

lies, these damn lies. you fucking liar. go on the quest, you said, i want to prove myself, you said. bitch this don't look like proving yourself.

"yeah, nothing much," said percy, lying through his teeth, his face returning to its normal colour, "but she said to be careful of her husband's junkyard, and not to pick up anything."

zoë narrowed her eyes, "the goddess of love did not make a special trip to only tell thee that."

"my mom is unpredictable," spoke barbie quickly, "best not to question her."

"but-"

"nope," spoke barbie quickly, and alarming blush of embarrassment spread across her face, her mind began to rush about, trying to find something else to say until she blurted out, "we have other things to talk about."

"like what?" asked percy in confusion.

barbie took a deep breath in, "i think my part of the prophecy is almost fulfilled."

"so you're telling me," spoke thalia, "you have weird powers? that aren't charmspeak?"

"uh...yeah," spoke barbie, "i kind of know how to control one... ish."

"is thou speaking of the pink light?" asked zoë curiously.

"yeah, that was the weirder one of my powers, apparently i can manipulate this pink mist. apparently, from what my mom says, it's charged by how strong my emotions are."

"woah," spoke percy.

"yeah, woah..." she trailed off, "and... wait, lemme try something. somebody annoy me."

they all turned to percy and he had a confused look, "what?"

"go on then," spoke thalia, looking at him expectantly, making a shooing motion with her hands as if to say 'get on with it' , "annoy her."

"i- ok," he said before he cleared his throat, "hey barbie," he spoke, "uh... did you chip a nail when we were fighting dr thorn? or were you too scared to fight properly-"

"jackson, let's be clear. i could throttle you down to hades and not chip a nail," she scoffed, concentrating on her slight annoyance she felt from his words, percy looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she explained, "sorry, forced habit. a dumbass says something and i have to snap back."

"damn, percy," commented thalia, "she seems to be doing more than you are."

"i'm getting to it, ok? shut up," mumbled percy.

percy continued, annoying her by poking her shoulder and calling her an assortment of nicknames. the words 'doll', 'dollface', 'dolly' and 'barbie doll' were repeated so many times that it was all barbie could think off. and soon, she opened her eyes and saw pink mist swirling around her hands. she copied what her mom had done and snapped her fingers, and a barbie doll had formed from the mist.