Chapter Twenty

'Well your brother seems to be coming around to the idea of having me here' One month Lily has been here with me in the alpha house, I laugh to myself if only she realised that he hated having her here and only put up with mostly because of Tia. I think the truth is this situation only reminds him of the Tia and Matthew one. Tia has taken full advantage of having of having another female in the alpha house, she's been doing date nights which include her cooking and us all watching films together. True to his word though Alex is trying with Lily, but I knew his concerns are more if or when I find my wolf mate he doesn't want to get attached, he feels unfair for us to get to know her or even bring her into our family as it gets her hopes up. I've read his thoughts when he's forgot to close the mindlink between us.
'Tia is so beautiful she's glowing even with pregnancy, you brother looks very happy with her... you sure you'll be able to turn down your mate?' I know this is worrying her she mention it most days now.
'Yeah to be honest I feel more a pull in your eyes to me then anyone ever, I get lost in them and I feel these tingles when I touch you, it's likes you are my mate, my wolf feels calm when you are near'
'Have you spoke to Tia about this?'
'Tia?' She confuses me mention Tia.
'Yeah what she had with Matthew'
'Oh yeah she never felt the pull I do, she only ever felt it for Alex, baby please don't worry we'll have years before we need to worry about that I promise now give me a cuddle.' I hold Lily until she falls asleep in my arms. I stroke her hair I pray I never meet my mate, no I wouldn't be able to claim Lily as my mate, but I get to keep her forever. A tear escape from my right eye i quickly wipe it away and hold Lily tighter and fall asleep.

'Wake up Max we have intruders in the left forest.' I jump with a start, thankfully I don't wake Lily.
'I am awake now Alex' I carefully climb out of the bed, trying my best not to disturb Lily.
'Good I need you too meet me there. Tia is awake in the house so if Lily is awake she can join her' I quickly grab a pair of shorts, I don't bother get fully dressed as I don't know if I need my wolf or not.
'No Lily is still asleep Alex'
'Ok I'll let Tia know so she can watch over her, her wolf is on edge cos of the pup and the rogue' I close our mindlink and take a last look at Lily asleep in my bed. I race out of the house, I pass Tia,
'Be careful Max, I promise I'll watch over her' I nod my head and race over to the forest. As I get closer to where the rogues are I pick up a sweet scent shit no....