Chapter 165

***

***

Throughout the months that passed, Jenna seemed to go back to her normal self little by little with the help of Sirius. She had almost became her own self by the time summer had arrived.

Although the slight problem was that she could no longer change her hair color no matter how hard she tried, as it stayed brown. This wasn't good, seeing as if Dumbledore wanted to send her on her mission, she could no longer change her face.

By then, even James was staying behind at home more often and letting go of dangerous Order missions to stay with Lily, whose belly bump had become pretty big.

Jenna hadn't seen Alice yet ever since the funeral, seeing as Augusta Longbottom insisted that she should stay home and had put many protective enchantments around the house so no one else could get it.

Whenever they saw Frank in the Order meetings, he'd tell them that she's doing all right, although told them that Alice was growing bored of sitting all they at home. But Jenna could only imagine how big her belly should've been by now.

Ever since her parents died, Jenna hadn't visited the Potter Manor even though it now belonged to her. She couldn't bear walking into its halls without being reminded of them, but brought excuses such as 'it's too big for only me and Sirius. We don't need that much space to live in.'

Sirius obviously didn't protest, wanting her to be the happiest no matter where she was.

But that night, Jenna was more cheerful than usual, seeing as Sirius had finally allowed her to do what she'd been begging him for a long while to do.

He'd finally agreed to let her give him a tattoo.

It was late at night, perhaps even past midnight, as the two got back to their room with Jenna's wand in her hand and a happy grin on her face.

"Okay, lay down," said Jenna with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes.

"Ugh, I regret this already," Sirius muttered grumpily to himself as he got into bed and laid on his back as he was told.

"What!? You always wanted a tattoo!" Jenna protested as she walked toward him.

"Yeah! But I wanted to get it from a real tattoo worker! Not you!"

Jenna laughed as she put her brown messy hair into a ponytail. "Don't worry! I'm not going to screw it up!"

"You better not," Sirius mumbled.

"Look, I read about it in the Witch Weekly magazine and it's not that hard," Jenna tried to reason. "Besides, I can make it disappear any time. It's a basic Transfiguration spell."

"Basic!?" Sirius repeated with a scoff. "Have ever even done it before!?"

"No," she shrugged, "but there's a first time for everything, isn't there?" she said in glee as she hopped on the bed beside where Sirius was laying on his back. "So where do you want it?"

"Probably on my chest, where no soul would ever see it."

"I'll see it."

"And may it be a reminder of your biggest art failure."

Jenna laughed, but then she caught Sirius off guard when she put her wand down on the bed and climbed onto his lap, taking off his shirt.

"Okay..." she took a deep breath, taking her wand and her copy of Witch Weekly from the nightstand, looking through it one last time as she was still sitting on his lap. "It's not too hard."

But then when she put the magazine aside, she caught Sirius smirking up at her.

"What?" She raised a brow at him.

"Nothing." He kept grinning, looking her up and down.

"Why are you giving me that look?"

"Nothing!" But when Jenna gave him a knowing glance, he finally shrugged and said, "I just love where you're sitting, Kitten."

"Ugh, you —!" Jenna smacked him on the arm, making him laugh.

But shaking her head at him in disappointment, she leaned down, running the tip of her wand upon his chest as she said the incantation nonverbally.

Sirius winced a little as the black ink stung into his chest wherever she dragged her wand.

Sirius looked up at Jenna as she was focusing on drawing it, a smile creeping through his face uncontrollably as she watched him, his heart warming up at her usual sight.

"Okay! All done!" said Jenna as she finally pulled away after long minutes, observing her work. "I like it."

It was a rather tiny tattoo, but it still looked more badass across his chest and above his abs.

"Let me see," said Sirius and so Jenna moved aside so he could make his way over the bathroom to see it in the mirror. "Hmm... not bad."

Jenna chuckled as she walked toward him, leaning against the doorframe and crossing her arms, watching his reflection inside the mirror.

"See? I told you it'd look good," she said with a smug expression on her face.

"Yeah..." Sirius whispered with a smile, moving toward her and wrapping his arms around her. With that, he leaned in and pressed his lips softly against hers.

It took Jenna a second to kiss him back and to fling her arms around his neck, pulling him down and going on tiptoes herself.

But when Sirius pulled away with his arms still around her, Jenna realized a sad expression on his face, as if he was struggling to decide whether to tell her something or not.

"What?" Jenna whispered, looking up into his grey eyes.

"N-nothing," Sirius muttered, removing his arms from around her and moving back into the bedroom.

"Obviously it isn't nothing," said Jenna with a slight frown, walking after him.

Sirius finally sighed in defeat. "Jenna, I —"

But before he could continue and say anything else, they heard a light crash outside in their living room.

So with a worried glance at one another, they both took a hold of their wands and went outside their room, looking around.

But their eyes widened when they saw the silver Patronus of a stag outside. With that, the stag opened its mouth and said urgently in James's voice,

"Come quick! Lily's in labour!"