Chapter 175

"Oh, Lord," Jenna muttered under her breath in horror as Sirius turned around sharply on the spot to glare at Remus after those words.

     "What did you just say?" Sirius snarled through gritted teeth.

     "It was never you," said Remus quietly, though his eyes pierced through his in anger. "It was me she liked. Not you. She wouldn't even be with you right now if I hadn't lied and said I only saw her as a friend."

      Sirius turned to glance at Jenna, as if to see if this was true. But she said nothing as she stared at Remus in disbelief. She never thought she would hear such words leave his mouth. But at that moment, it was like Remus couldn't even see Jenna due to pure anger.

     "Careful with your words, Lupin," Sirius growled, glaring back at him.

     "Guess it was stupid of me to let you have her, knowing how much you liked her. If only I knew —"

     "LET ME HAVE HER!?" Sirius bellowed, breathing heavily at those words.

       "It's only a matter of time when she realizes who you really are; a traitor —" Remus was saying, but the next moment Sirius suddenly leaped forward and punched him in the face.

    Jenna let out a shriek as Remus tried to fight back. "No! NO! STOP IT!" she kept yelling and screaming, trying to separate the two men.

     Seconds later, James appeared in the kitchen in a hurry at all the noises, his eyes widening at the sight. "What the —"

     He was quick to spring forward and try to hold Sirius back, seeing as he was the angrier one and the most eager to hurt the other.

     Remus got to his feet, his nose bleeding as he glared at Sirius. Jenna had clapped a hand to her mouth, her eyes filling up with tears as she panted.

      "What is the matter with you two!?" James yelled, letting go of Sirius harshly when he had finally stopped fighting to get free.

      But neither of the two men were listening as they glared daggers at each other, breathing heavily through their nostrils.

      "Ask him!" Sirius finally snapped, pointing at Remus. "How dare you even suggest — the way you talk about her — how dare you!? You keep away from her from now on! You hear me!?"

     "What? Don't trust a werewolf, Black?" Remus said coldly.

      "No, as a matter of fact, I don't!" Sirius shouted. "Not with her, not with anybody else! So don't pretend for a second that you're not the one betraying us all!"

     "Me!? HOW ABOUT YOU!" Remus yelled back.

     "Knock it off, you two!" James roared, now taking out his wand warningly. But they weren't paying him the slightest attention.

      "You're the one with a family full of Death Eaters!" Remus went on. "Regulus, the Malfoys, the Lestranges? It's in your blood!"

      Sirius went to grab for his wand from his pocket, but James was quick to shout, "Expelliarmus!" and so he quickly caught Sirius's wand in mid-air.

       "How do we know it's not you?" Remus snarled.

      Sirius, who had tried to calm his breathing, shrugged. "They know." He gestured at James and Jenna.

       So with one last nasty glance at Remus, Sirius grabbed his wand from James's hand and stormed out of the house. James went after him quickly, leaving Remus and Jenna alone in the kitchen.

Remus glared at where Sirius had gone for long seconds, but only when he shook his head and let out the breath he was holding did he realize that Jenna was still standing there, gaping at him in disbelief.

As if only just realizing what he had just blurted out, his face fell as he looked at her. Remus ran a hand through his hair miserably. "Jenna —"

"Don't." She took a step back when he tried to take one forward.

An eerie silence filled the space between them, reigning the empty halls of the soulless house.

"I can't believe you'd do that," Jenna whispered, throwing down her gaze.

"I-I'm so so sorry," Remus tried to say. "I — I don't know what got into me —"

"Oh, I know what got into you." Jenna nodded up at him coldly. "You were angry at him, so you thought the best way to hurt him, was by using my old feelings against him! But what about me, Remus!? You... you hurt me just as bad. I — I though you were my friend..."

She then shook her head and tried to blink the tears away as she turned on her heels to leave, but Remus quickly leaped forward, grabbing ahold of her arm.

"Jenna, please —"

But she only shook him off her and without even glancing back at him twice, she ran out of the house and toward the yard, where everyone else had gathered.

They were all standing on their feet, circling James as if trying to ask him about what had happened. But when Jenna looked around, she saw that Sirius was gone.

"Jen, what happened?" Lily asked her worriedly with Harry in her arms the moment they saw her walking toward them, looking paler than ever.

"Never mind," Jenna whispered, shaking her head as she tried to avoid their eyes.

"Man trouble, is what it is," said Marlene with a dramatic sigh. "But don't worry, ladies. When in doubt, you can always come to Aunt Mar." She pointed at herself proudly, making them all chuckle.

Even Jenna cracked a small smile. But it soon faded when she saw Remus coming out of the house after her.

"See you guys later," Jenna muttered and then in a blink of an eye, she Disapparated.

Moments later, Jenna reappeared before her and Sirius's flat, but she didn't go inside. For long seconds, she just remained at the doorstep, staring down at her feet, her mind racing.

But just then, right as she was about to reach out to grab the doorknob, Jenna jumped out of her skin when a calm voice behind her said, "Good evening."

She turned around abruptly in surprise and drew out her wand immediately, but then she sighed in relief and lowered it when she saw Albus Dumbledore behind her.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Jenna breathed out, blinking a few times to get over her shock. "What are you doing here, sir? Is everything all right?"

Dumbledore gave her a sad smile and nodded, saying, "It's time to go."