Fear

Xe could barely get traction as xe dug xer talons into the floor, a material meant to resist the Klyls' strength. Still, xe pushed xemself forward, harder, sliding around corners and occasionally slamming into walls. Xe didn't stop, though, as xe descended through the building to the weapons room.

Xe didn't even stop to allow the door slide open. Xe swiped xer talons, squeezing through the small spot, and immediately rushing into the attached, locked antechamber. Knycuz was one of seven Klyls that had the code and was able to enter the room. When xe burst through the door, xer eyes scanning and cataloging their faces, xe was thankful for xer position.

There. Knycuz rushed forward, that long black hair spotted. She was up in xer upper extremities instantly, those green eyes wide and darting around. Xe pulled her against xem, her hair in xer face. She was here; she was okay.

"I thought something happened to you. I was so afraid. I just, when I heard, I had to, I didn't know what to do. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you. Are you hurt?"

"I'm okay," Jessica whispered. "Please put me down."

Xe did, gently setting her on her feet but leaned down to kiss her on top of her head. "Zork'ak and I were with the Com-"

Knycuz froze, looked up. The humans were all staring at xem, but there was one that mattered. Wren was standing near the door, her upper extremities folded, the end of one touching her lips. Her skin lacked even more color than normal, her eyes so wide. "Zork'ak," Knycuz uttered. "Wren," xe walked forward, crouching to look her in the eye, "xe came to find you. Xe didn't forget you. Zork'ak ran out faster than I did; I did not have an opportunity to tell xem where you were."

"Where is Zor?" Her voice was so quiet, her bottom lip moving a little.

"Xe would have checked your quarters. Then," Knycuz caught xemself, shaking xer head, "T'chet."

"Who?"

"Zork'ak would be forced to report with the superior officers and the Commander. Xe must be downstairs." Knycuz stood up. "You all have been provided with weapons, yes?" There were many nods. "Not flimsy black projectiles? Klyl strengthened weapons."

"Yes." Adam had moved to stand next to Wren.

"I will retrieve xem, Wren. Stay here. Be safe."

Knycuz waved xer talons in front of the panel, the door sliding partially open when there was a loud noise, a crash. It sent many of them slamming into the ground or walls as it shook the structure of the building. Xe gripped the door, manually sliding it back into place, and grabbing the humans nearest to xem. "Move! Back against the wall!" Xe was pushing them away from the door, all of them drawing weapons.

Kyncuz opened the door wide enough to walk into the weapon's room. Xe would not leave other Klyls to protect these humans while xe hid. Xe and two others walked out into the corridor. They would not wait for the Yurcuezi to find them. They would apprehend the intruders.

There were only six Yurcuezi sliding off an aircraft now stuck in the side of the base. The separating floors were crumbling, falling down so that, even though the Yurcuezi had landed four stories above, they were able to climb down quickly, a clear view of the three Klyls.

Knycuz launched forward, tackling the first Yurcuezi to the ground and knocking another down near xem. Xe pulled the poisonous layer over xer scales, and the opponent beneath xem screamed as it burned its skin. Knycuz was back upright and moving to the next target, the poison usually enough to stop an opponent. The pain would have been instant and intense, too much to fight through.