Welcoming love this Diwali ❤️

Janaki's POV:

Diwali evenings are the best ... specially for Sehgals...
It's always overwhelming to have a grand celebration with all my children and grand children.

And every year Sehgals host the best Diwali party in mumbai.

Although restricted to close friends and family only! Strictly no business, no media no outsiders!!!

I love to look at the way my daughter in law's plan this event and my otherwise useless busybee sons helping their wives and kids.

Strictly every year this day the entire house is decorated by family members only...

And this year it's even more special as we have a special guest coming home for Diwali...

My best friend's grand daughter ❤️

My best friend Durga shifted to London 13 years ago although prior to it we were neighbours... They owned two houses in the next lane...

Although they sold one...they retained the other as her son Vishal preferred to retain it in his wife's memory... Nirjara who died unfortunately due to terminal illness.

My eldest son Ram and Durga's son Vishal were childhood buddies just like us. They even completed their education together. Ram, Vishal & Nirjara were classmates.. Vishal married Nirjara when they were mere 21 and at 22. However Ram had a late marriage. But their bonding is still so beautiful.

Few days ago Ram told me he is planning to start a new venture in India with Vishal and I was more than happy. Old friendships rekindling were the most beautiful thing ever.

'Daadiiiiiiiiiiii helppppppp' I turn around to see my grandchildren are running in a row to apply color on my granddaughter Anu... She hates it 🤣

Although you apply the same on her face saying it's an expensive compact and it's 'so in!!!' she will be the first one to apply it.

And it's always 3 vs 1 here... Again they started running outside the house...

Vish, Anuj, Ritwik all three are behind her. All this because her protective shield my eldest grandson Raghavendra has gone out to get the Diwali sweet boxes and snacks organized. If he was here all three would be hanging in air and this little sister of her brother would be enjoying the show giggling and laughing...

'Anuuu, Vishiiii, Anuj, Ritu.... I'm going to bash you all....you cannot run on my rangoli ...guys I'm doing this for the third time urghhhh...'

Yeahhh that's my youngest daughter in law Shweta who is struggling to put the Rangoli for the third time now...

But the kids know how to pamper her...
'Bash Chachi.. you look so hot today... trust me Bash chachu is going to fall in love with you again'

And there she melts again...

And blushes like a rose... 🤣

And the kids escape her hold... These grandchildren of mine I tell you are brats..

'Maa...all done' I turn around to see Ram with Gayathri...
Gayathri is paralyzed below her waist since an accident 7 years ago... So Ram has a full time nurse Mrs D'Souza and once he is home he takes care of her personally...

I bend down to kiss Gayathri's forehead as she has her everlasting smile on her face. Probably there is where my Raghavendra got his beautiful smile from ❤️

Both mother and son smile and laugh whole heartedly... Pure souls.

Just then I see Niyonika-Laxman join us... Niyonika is my most responsible daughter in law...she takes care of both house and office. Being a Bengali she has very well adapted herself in a Punjabi joint family.