Chapter 2

༺❂༻

The Sun started to set and the sunset's glow was starting to shine a mix of gold and yellow.

Welp, I guess it's time to head back now. I bet Asta is still training per usual, he'll never give up on his "non-existence" magical powers. (Y/n) jumped up from the field of flowers she was in and headed back.

Once she was there, sooner than later, Asta arrived covered in sweat and dirt. Dinner was served, as per usual we had nomotatos, the specialty of Hage.

Now finished with dinner (Y/n) headed out towards the bedroom. The children were there; clambering to get in the room and get ready for bed.

"Hey (Y/n)!!! Can you sing for us?! Pretty please??" The children put on their puppy faces, too adorable to refuse their request she accepts.

*Y/n sings Isabella's Lullaby from the anime, The Promised Neverland

As she tucks them in one by one they all fall fast asleep. Once the song is over, she slowly creeps out of the room and closing the door behind her hoping to not wake them up.

Sister Lily walked down the halls and was about to enter the room as per usual.

"No, no. It's fine Sister. They're fast asleep, you don't need to check up on them tonight." She told her.

"Oh. Thank you so much for that (Y/n)!" Sister Lily gave her a sweet smile, "Well you should go to sleep too, it is getting pretty late." Sister said to (Y/n).

"Yes, yes. I do know that Sister Lily, but tonight a shooting star that only comes around once every 150 years is coming by tonight. So if you need me I'll be out front on the grass." And she headed off, giving Sister one last goodbye.

As she set herself on the grass now gazing up at the night sky waiting for the shooting star to pass she heard someone come out of the church's entrance.

"(Y/n)."

It was Yuno.

"Hey Yuno, what's up?" She responded not even bothering to look at him.

"Shouldn't you be asleep? Aren't you cold out here?"

Wow, it seems like he can actually be concerned for someone. (Y/n) thought.

"No, I'm fine. Just waiting for a shooting star to pass by. Apparently, this one only comes by every 150 years and it's said to produce a magically beautiful glow."

Yuno walked over towards the girl, plopping himself next to her, and started to gaze at the stars.

"Every 150 years this star comes by, it'll be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and yet..." She reaches her hand towards the sky.

"And yet... we're here to experience this miracle."

"Indeed," Yuno responds.

"Quite as always, as always." (Y/n) let out a small giggle.

"What's so funny?" Yuno shot her a questioning look.